Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Maybe it's a cunning plan to get round FFP play like a bunch of clowns till the odds go out to 40-1 for promotion and whack a million on a we start playing!

Nope ok he and his coaches are clueless in the modern game and need replacing.

Crucial time in our history now this decision has to be right as if we don't go up this year it's curtains!

35 minutes ago, Dave J said:

You are kidding yourself aren't you ?

how many pages have you read in this particular thread ?

Not at all, I see lots of Bruce outters but I’ve not seen a “Bruce in brigade”, “Bruce out brigade” oh god yes massively, and that’s okay, but just because someone isn’t shouting from the rooftops that they want him sacked doesn’t make them part of a Bruce in brigade, what nonsense. 

I think you’ll be very hard pressed to find a genuine “Bruce In” fan, you might find a more patient fan, a more cautious fan, a fan who wants to beleive he can lead us to glory, hell you might even find a fan who likes boring football, but you will barely find an actual Bruce In fan. 

Ive wanted Bruce to go I’ve wanted him to stay I’ve wanted him to go and I’ve wanted him to stay, and I was majorly pissed off when we appointed him as I know he is a manager I would not want at Aston Villa, it was the same feeling when we got McLeish, however he has turned the club around in many aspects but I do also feel it is time he moved on, you can’t sign all these exciting players and then have us play like that, granted bolasie and Abraham’s haven’t played yet but I want a manager that now has the fresh impetus to drive Aston Villa forward. 

I also do not think El Ghazi, Abraham’s and bolasie were not Bruce’s choices and maybe that’s why he is acting how he is. 

For me olayers like the above 3 just would not be in Bruce’s trail of thought, I don’t know maybe I am wrong and he did select them, just can’t help but feel Purslow has been pulling some strings for us for awhile before he was announced.

I imagine I have read 80% of the posts in this thread. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

We haven’t been unlucky, we have just made poor appointments. I’m not saying it’s easy to get the right guy and even well run clubs sometimes get it wrong. Hopefully now we have owners who are much more savvy, not just rich, and they make the next appointment the right one. 

Sorry but I believe we have been unlucky at times too! 

Houiller, health issues. I for one would have liked to see wht we’d have done under him with more of his type of signings in a second season but his health issues stopped that happening.

Lambert, a highly rated young manager when coming to Villa after good success at Colchester and Norwich. I for one thought we were on to a good thing when he came but as soon as he did the plug was more or less pulled by Randy Lerner.

Garde, I think he wasn’t given a leg to stand on. Different time different chairman maybe things would have been very different.

Bruce, as sound as an appointment you could hope for in terms of past EFL success. Four promotions before us. I thought he’d take us up and then we could look at it.

Yes there have been appointments that have been silly, Charlatan Tim comes straight to the forefront of my mind! And yes we’ve been unlucky with many signings over the years too! We deserve our little bit of luck. I always have in my head if it can go wrong anywhere it will go wrong at the Villa. I do agree though that the club as a whole, especially in the last ten years have made many mistakes.

2 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Not at all, I see lots of Bruce outters but I’ve not seen a “Bruce in brigade”, “Bruce out brigade” oh god yes massively, and that’s okay, but just because someone isn’t shouting from the rooftops that they want him sacked doesn’t make them part of a Bruce in brigade, what nonsense. 

I think you’ll be very hard pressed to find a genuine “Bruce In” fan, you might find a more patient fan, a more cautious fan, a fan who wants to beleive he can lead us to glory, hell you might even find a fan who likes boring football, but you will barely find an actual Bruce In fan. 

Ive wanted Bruce to go I’ve wanted him to stay I’ve wanted him to go and I’ve wanted him to stay, and I was majorly pissed off when we appointed him as I know he is a manager I would not want at Aston Villa, it was the same feeling when we got McLeish, however he has turned the club around in many aspects but I do also feel it is time he moved on, you can’t sign all these exciting players and then have us play like that, granted bolasie and Abraham’s haven’t played yet but I want a manager that now has the fresh impetus to drive Aston Villa forward. 

I also do not think El Ghazi, Abraham’s and bolasie were not Bruce’s choices and maybe that’s why he is acting how he is. 

For me olayers like the above 3 just would not be in Bruce’s trail of thought, I don’t know maybe I am wrong and he did select them, just can’t help but feel Purslow has been pulling some strings for us for awhile before he was announced.

I imagine I have read 80% of the posts in this thread. 

See this is the thing, as a guy I don’t mind him. As a football manager? Boring, unspectacular, meat and potato dinner kinda manager. I think we now NEED a change.

8 hours ago, BG_Villa_Fan said:

I've seen this quite a few times and I genuinely have no idea what it's based on... I've no idea about his time at other clubs but since he's been our manager he's been feuding with players, he's had his bomb squad, he's regularly thrown players under the bus, he's tried to ship players out for the sake of it, he's not been able to get the best out of his players, he's not developed players, they've generally been less than the sum of the parts, etc. So, in what way can he be called a good man manager? He's got Jack fit and playing well for half a season, I guess, but was that Bruce or it was the same as Benteke keeping Sherwood's job?

From when he came into the club until recently it appeared to me that he instilled a really good team spirit, one that had been lacking for a long time prior to his arrival. That takes good man management skills to accomplish.

You could rarely fault the effort given by the team, it was nearly always the tactics or lack of them which let the team down along with some below par individual performances. 

To keep this together you have to have discipline and inevitably some players will fall foul of this. He held it together until recently but it looks to me like it’s coming apart now.

I've been a Bruce in for a while now but he is really baffling me know. Surely as a former great central defender himself that would be our strongest area. Now it's our weakest. 

I don't know what he's doing and that's after 2 years not 2 games. 

International break. Good time to cut ties. 

19 minutes ago, Killeen30 said:

Sorry but I believe we have been unlucky at times too! 

Houiller, health issues. I for one would have liked to see wht we’d have done under him with more of his type of signings in a second season but his health issues stopped that happening.

Lambert, a highly rated young manager when coming to Villa after good success at Colchester and Norwich. I for one thought we were on to a good thing when he came but as soon as he did the plug was more or less pulled by Randy Lerner.

Garde, I think he wasn’t given a leg to stand on. Different time different chairman maybe things would have been very different.

Bruce, as sound as an appointment you could hope for in terms of past EFL success. Four promotions before us. I thought he’d take us up and then we could look at it.

Yes there have been appointments that have been silly, Charlatan Tim comes straight to the forefront of my mind! And yes we’ve been unlucky with many signings over the years too! We deserve our little bit of luck. I always have in my head if it can go wrong anywhere it will go wrong at the Villa. I do agree though that the club as a whole, especially in the last ten years have made many mistakes.

Of course you’re right luck does play a part. We were unlucky with Houlier’s health and other appointments haven’t been bad just not supported by the owner. Perhaps I should have said we’ve been badly run as a club, rather than simply blaming poor appointments. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Elphick (who had a good cv before he came to Villa) could still help in defence. Oh wait. we let him go

Elphick was let go after out for most of season with injury and was junk every time he played for us bar a couple of games. 

4 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Nothing ruins a dinner more than too much potato ?

You can’t have too many roast potatoes. They come under the 1974 chip ruling as drafted by my Dad, who in response to my Mom saying he’d cut too many chips, said, “You can’t have too many chips!”  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Elphick was let go after out for most of season with injury and was junk every time he played for us bar a couple of games. 

I don't agree, scored in the opening game as was dropped out of the blue for Jedinak?? What's that gonna do for your confidence.. 

I think the big issue with Elphick was Chester was having to move to accommodate him...

3 minutes ago, Fowlersrs said:

I don't agree, scored in the opening game as was dropped out of the blue for Jedinak?? What's that gonna do for your confidence.. 

I think the big issue with Elphick was Chester was having to move to accommodate him...

He scored a ridiculous free header. Don't think he had a good game otherwise then gave away penalty against Yeovil that should've had us knocked out

Â