Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, screwdriver said:

forget about bruce getting sacked.

Going out of the league cup was a blessing in disguise. The new owners can see that.

The start is pretty good compared to the last two seasons in the champ.

I think they would get the feelers out after two consecutive defeats. and three defeats on the spin only then would be all over.

a thumping in football happens now and again.. bruce is will know this and park the bus away to blackburn - stop the bleeding.

then rotherham come to town...who are shit...even di matteo's crap beat them........... kenian davis will be back.... bruce loves him as he can lump it long and it sticks. Then the whole cycle starts again.

Did you have a bump on the head?

1 hour ago, mykeyb said:

I and others have posted the link to that article 12 months plus ago and we were told to give Bruce a chance...................

He has had his chance, been backed and has not apparently not changed at all. 

We are just wasting time letting him stay in charge any longer.

I posted it when he was being touted as RDM replacement

Well as a Bruce "in" kind of guy up to today I am have flipped again. I dont dislike the bloke but even given the turbulent summer it has gone very badly this season. I mean there is no hiding from it and if we dont make the change now the season will be gone. Its too important a season to be sentimental.

I just want the replacement to be in the Beilsa mode (foreign, proven and focused on high quality play) NOT another British/Irish manager thank you.  

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Well as a Bruce "in" kind of guy up to today I am have flipped again. I dont dislike the bloke but even given the turbulent summer it has gone very badly this season. I mean there is no hiding from it and if we dont make the change now the season will be gone. Its too important a season to be sentimental.

I just want the replacement to be in the Beilsa mode (foreign, proven and focused on high quality play) NOT another British/Irish manager thank you.  

I've wanted Rodgers for ages. 

• Like 1

I've been doing some thinking and maybe we are being too hard on Bruce. I mean, he's had terrible luck with fixtures again, with Hull, Sheff Utd, Brentford, Ipswich, Reading and Wigan all likely to make up the Top 6 this season. He's done a cracking job just picking up what he has so far.

It's not like he has even had the fortune of playing the smaller, shitter teams in the league like Leeds, Middlesbrough, WBA or Swansea who are clearly just living off of flukey goals and biased referees.

Anyone buy that?

• Haha 1

The guy has given up, his comments are pathetic and it's evident he is waiting for the pay off. I've tried to be patient with the guy as he's always pulled results out when most needed in the main but even with the big winning streak it was terrible to watch. It could quite easily have been a couple of wins and a load of draws. The football is generally poor, there seems no sort of plan and as a result the players get behind the ball and wing it, hence the lack of cohesion. Then he has the brass to throw the players under the bus when it's blindingly obvious he has no plan for them.

He's good enough to spot the issues every game (so can fans) but seemingly does little to address it. If he coached the team to knock the ball about, coached movement off the ball etc then we have players to do it but it's evident there is no plan, little work done in the training ground to milk the capabilities of the players we have. It's pathetic and just random what you're going to get from one game to the next. 

Even scraping promotion via playoffs seems a task and given what he's had to play with the past few years, that's nowhere near good enough. 

He doesn't even sound like he wants to be here when he's putting up a defence for himself. Elphick would have done a better job. 

Edited by Wezbid
Typed hear instead of here.

Can people stop saying Elphick would've done a better job. He was woeful against Hull and Yeovil and most of his time here. Axel at fault for at least 4 of last 8 Chester 1 and goalie 2 today but sure if we had Elphick instead of Jedi....

Or was it a joke about Elphick better defence than Bruce defending his job? Coz that's funny

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

Â