Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

27 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well I don’t like him, and as it stands I want him in. So there ! That’s your theory lying in tatters ...?

And I’m the opposite. 

I like him, but I don’t want him here. 

The OP is nonsense. People’s opinions on whether the manager should be here don’t depend on whether they like him or not. 

Although we all know there are a handful of posters who absolutely do change their opinion just because they don’t like the guy. 

I think most of us manage to have separate opinions of the manager and the man. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Junxs said:

The trouble is too many of our players wear short sleeves

This nullifies Bruce's tactics of put your boots on and roll your sleeves up. 

I believe the pulling up of socks was also mentioned. Immediately ruling out our best player. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Granted this was likely fueled by alcohol, but yeah I think there is a division amongst fans

When the away fans startto turn the manager is on borrowed time. If we get spanked next time out things could get toxic. 

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

With the international break coming up i think that unless he is gone within the next couple of days they may be of the mind to give him a bit longer. 

If he is going to be sacked i would expect it to be imminent. 

I'd say we would be mad to get rid of him without having a plan in place. I'll be shocked if he's gone in 2 weeks but I wouldn't be surprised if the owners were not looking around at options. 

It's a far more astute method rather than a quick knee jerk!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

And I’m the opposite. 

I like him, but I don’t want him here. 

The OP is nonsense. People’s opinions on whether the manager should be here don’t depend on whether they like him or not. 

Although we all know there are a handful of posters who absolutely do change their opinion just because they don’t like the guy. 

I think most of us manage to have separate opinions of the manager and the man. 

Like him personally is not the debate here I wouldn't have thought - it's based entirely on supporters view of him as a football manager - I myself do not dislike the man - but I regret the day he walked into Aston Villa 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, av1 said:

When the away fans startto turn the manager is on borrowed time. If we get spanked next time out things could get toxic. 

Nas and Wes will be very aware of this I imagine. Possibly one of the reasons they waited for a change of manager was to not put immediate additional pressure on the new guy. If Bruce does ok, great. But if he begins to fail the appetite for change means the new guy gets cut much more slack. 

I personally think they would have wanted a little more time to settle in  themselves and build more behind the scenes. CEO is in place, just, but perhaps they’d give him more time plus a DOF, in an ideal world. However if things continue to unravel, they may feel they need to act. 

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

I'd say we would be mad to get rid of him without having a plan in place. I'll be shocked if he's gone in 2 weeks but I wouldn't be surprised if the owners were not looking around at options. 

It's a fair point. You would the board have a B in place anyway so that the minute they decide Bruce has to go the transition with be a quick. 

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

In a nutshell, i don’t see what’s changed from the start of the season.

The fact that the performances and results seem to be getting worse? 

23 minutes ago, Dave J said:

You of course speak for yourself - Terry this is not rocket science - there are supporters who want him in and there are supporters who want him out - we have a division amongst our fans  imo - I don't think this is up for debate?  - the margin of division is of course.

Ah that’s different. Yes there is a division, and yes there are supporters who want him in/ out.

Your OP said “ if you like/ dislike him you want him in/ out”, which is a different thing. It looks like I’ve not understood it how you meant it.

With the very greatest of respect  - I would have to question this ? So a 1-4 reverse was always part of the plan along with a series of Dissapointing draws ?

Surely not 

Essentially I agree, but I would have pulled the trigger in the summer, but obviously circumstances made that difficult. The only real change I believe, is the atmosphere after the last couple of results has started to turn toxic. The owners may feel they need to act. Hopefully they can because they have a properly thought out plan in place and not just as a knee jerk reaction. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dave J said:

With the very greatest of respect  - I would have to question this ? So a 1-4 reverse was always part of the plan along with a series of Dissapointing draws ?

Surely not 

Of course not.

But isn’t the whole argument of people who want him sacked that this was all predictable, that his approach is predictable, that his methods, or lack of them, are predictable ?

So, if it’s all predictable, what’s changed ?

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I don’t see them sacking him. And I’m not sure I’d be wildly impressed if they did.

Why? Don't you want to see us promoted? Surely you can see that 'Bruce's method' isn't sustainable?

Players nowadays are different... there's just too much money involved... they simply don't 'care' enough. It seems an almost impossible task, for any manager... trying to achieve promotion by merely relying on having highly motivated players, for the 46 games required.

It's a slightly different task though, when more emphasis is placed on systems, tactics, and discernible ways of playing, imho.

12 minutes ago, Nigel said:

We don’t seem to have a plan in place with Bruce though.

5 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well we’ve weakened our defence, suffered what must be (without checking) one of our heaviest defeats in the Championship and have dropped several precious points against mostly weak opposition, leaving us already needing 3 wins in a row just to get back up to the magic 2 ppg.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DaveAV1 said:

Essentially I agree, but I would have pulled the trigger in the summer, but obviously circumstances made that difficult. The only real change I believe, is the atmosphere after the last couple of results has started to turn toxic. The owners may feel they need to act. Hopefully they can because they have a properly thought out plan in place and not just as a knee jerk reaction. 

Mostly agree, but the atmosphere hasn’t completely changed, and 2 wins in the next 2 games will change it.

Your last sentence is key - they can only sensibly sack him if they have someone they want ready to go.

• Like 1

Â