Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Ok but did you really expect the likes of Birmingham City/Hull/Sunderland to get into Europe? Of course, the likes of Burnley and whoever get into Europe every now and again, but it's very rare. I say all this because it feels a bit more accurate to criticise with real things rather than twisting the odd stat.

No. Not with Bruce. That's why I've wanted him gone ages ago 

I cannot see him stemming the tide against him. The new owners and CEO will get to understand this in the next few games, if he hasn't already gone by then.

The time has come for him to get a job on the panel at Sky.

With the international break coming up i think that unless he is gone within the next couple of days they may be of the mind to give him a bit longer. 

If he is going to be sacked i would expect it to be imminent. 

2 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Not at all, I see lots of Bruce outters but I’ve not seen a “Bruce in brigade”, “Bruce out brigade” oh god yes massively, and that’s okay, but just because someone isn’t shouting from the rooftops that they want him sacked doesn’t make them part of a Bruce in brigade, what nonsense. 

I think you’ll be very hard pressed to find a genuine “Bruce In” fan, you might find a more patient fan, a more cautious fan, a fan who wants to beleive he can lead us to glory, hell you might even find a fan who likes boring football, but you will barely find an actual Bruce In fan. 

Ive wanted Bruce to go I’ve wanted him to stay I’ve wanted him to go and I’ve wanted him to stay, and I was majorly pissed off when we appointed him as I know he is a manager I would not want at Aston Villa, it was the same feeling when we got McLeish, however he has turned the club around in many aspects but I do also feel it is time he moved on, you can’t sign all these exciting players and then have us play like that, granted bolasie and Abraham’s haven’t played yet but I want a manager that now has the fresh impetus to drive Aston Villa forward. 

I also do not think El Ghazi, Abraham’s and bolasie were not Bruce’s choices and maybe that’s why he is acting how he is. 

For me olayers like the above 3 just would not be in Bruce’s trail of thought, I don’t know maybe I am wrong and he did select them, just can’t help but feel Purslow has been pulling some strings for us for awhile before he was announced.

I imagine I have read 80% of the posts in this thread. 

You have not really said anything new here - if you like Bruce you want him in - if you don't like Bruce you want him out- there is a split - whichever you choose to dress it up and I really don't think there is a problem with it

9 minutes ago, Dave J said:

You have not really said anything new here - if you like Bruce you want him in - if you don't like Bruce you want him out- there is a split - whichever you choose to dress it up and I really don't think there is a problem with it

Well I don’t like him, and as it stands I want him in. So there ! That’s your theory lying in tatters ...?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, striker said:

He might have a wee bit of difficulty using the new innovative tactics board though.

And as far as I recall he’s never played for Liverpool, which will considerably limit his overall media options

• Like 1

Just now, terrytini said:

I don’t see them sacking him. And I’m not sure I’d be wildly impressed if they did.

Not right now I'd agree.

Knives are drawn though and a couple of bad results will seal his fate imo.

Needs a response against Blackburn and 3 wins would do very nicely before the Bristol City match.

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

And as far as I recall he’s never played for Liverpool, which will considerably limit his overall media options

Sky will get any old body on the panel.

Just look at Mick McCarthy, they had him on there covering an Ipswich game ffs.

Imagine it now cant you, Bruce working for Sky covering a Villa game and telling the world how it should be done and where the manager is going wrong :crylaugh:

2 minutes ago, imavillan said:

Sky will get any old body on the panel.

Just look at Mick McCarthy, they had him on there covering an Ipswich game ffs.

Imagine it now cant you, Bruce working for Sky covering a Villa game and telling the world how it should be done and where the manager is going wrong :crylaugh:

As indeed Lambert,Mcleish, Yorke, Deano And Townsend have all done, revealing a paucity of football knowledge of bewildering shallowness.

Edited by terrytini

19 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well I don’t like him, and as it stands I want him in. So there ! That’s your theory lying in tatters ...?

You of course speak for yourself - Terry this is not rocket science - there are supporters who want him in and there are supporters who want him out - we have a division amongst our fans  imo - I don't think this is up for debate?  - the margin of division is of course.

3 minutes ago, Dave J said:

You of course speak for yourself - Terry this is not rocket science - there are supporters who want him in and there are supporters who want him out - we have a division amongst our fans  imo - I don't think this is up for debate?  - the margin of division is of course.

Granted this was likely fueled by alcohol, but yeah I think there is a division amongst fans

Edited by sne

Â