Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Looking forward to the Bruce in Brigade's spin on this fiasco 

no need but i'll give you mine anyway...

i'm from bruce in to on the fence. worst fears about the defense have been revealed. why am i still on the fence? it's too late...we're stuck with this defense until jan and i really dont know who could have avoided a defeat yesterday. the names i'm hearing mentioned for a replacement i either dont see coming to us or i just dont rate them. we did try and sign 2 defenders, that we know of, who chose not to come to us; with others that we are rumoured to have made approaches for. so those that say bruce didn't address it, it does certainly appear to me that he tried to.

unfortunately this spanking came at the worst possible time for bruce...just before an intl break and a new CEO in the door with good footballing connections. i dont think he'll be sacked now, but the conversation will definitely be had around targets for the rest of the month. personally, less than 9 points from the next 4 and fine, i'll consider joining you lot

6 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

no need but i'll give you mine anyway...

i'm from bruce in to on the fence. worst fears about the defense have been revealed. why am i still on the fence? it's too late...we're stuck with this defense until jan and i really dont know who could have avoided a defeat yesterday. the names i'm hearing mentioned for a replacement i either dont see coming to us or i just dont rate them. we did try and sign 2 defenders, that we know of, who chose not to come to us; with others that we are rumoured to have made approaches for. so those that say bruce didn't address it, it does certainly appear to me that he tried to.

unfortunately this spanking came at the worst possible time for bruce...just before an intl break and a new CEO in the door with good footballing connections. i dont think he'll be sacked now, but the conversation will definitely be had around targets for the rest of the month. personally, less than 9 points from the next 4 and fine, i'll consider joining you lot

Come on, whilst the defence isn’t great Bruce isn’t helping the situation by shoehorning Jedinak in. The goalkeepers are his signings. This is all on him. He can’t blame someone else and say he was left with this squad.

He's had 20 seasons as a manager and been promoted/got into europe 4 times, that's once every 5 years on average. 

Another 2 years here and he might do it. Give him time lads. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

I've been a Bruce in for a while now but he is really baffling me know. Surely as a former great central defender himself that would be our strongest area. Now it's our weakest. 

I don't know what he's doing and that's after 2 years not 2 games. 

International break. Good time to cut ties. 

Are you sure about that? Apparently there is no such thing as Bruce In. You must be confused.

• Haha 1

There's something deeply wrong with Bruce. Conspiracy theorists will say he wants the sack. I just don't understand the Jedinak thing. I properly don't understand it. 

He played a different team against Burton and they were dreadful. He acknowledged that, fair play, but Jedinak had been dreadful. Is he blinded to it? Has he committed to Jedinak that he will play him there? Contractual? Who knows. 

It's more confusing when you take his sentence "I thought Bree and RDL were our best players" from Burton. Nowhere to be seen against Sheffield. 

I remember having the same thing last season. To the fans it was blindingly obvious, but to Bruce it didn't happen until his hand was forced through injury. Its happening again. The fans know our best team. It almost picks itself! How can someone consistently get it so, so wrong? Especially when the performances show its wrong. 

The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. 

Baffling. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Junxs said:

He's had 20 seasons as a manager and been promoted/got into europe 4 times, that's once every 5 years on average. 

Another 2 years here and he might do it. Give him time lads. 

Not saying anything beyond this point, but I don't see this really adds up to much You can't get promoted again when you're in the Prem, can you? Anyway, that's it.

7 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Not saying anything beyond this point, but I don't see this really adds up to much You can't get promoted again when you're in the Prem, can you? Anyway, that's it.

That's why I said promoted / got into europe. As that's a top 6 finish. 

You can't have it both ways, people bang on about his win % down in this division so it needs to be judged in top flight too. 

4 promotions you say?

'I do know what I'm doing' Steve Bruce responds to those taunts from disgruntled Aston Villa fans

This is what the AVFC boss said after the 4-1 defeat at Sheffield United

Steve Bruce has backed himself to get it right at Aston Villa, insisting: ‘I do know what I’m doing’.

A small section of the away end chanted words to the opposite effect as Villa were battered 4-1 by Sheffield United at Bramall Lane.

Bruce labelled his side’s first-half performance as ‘embarrassing’ and said:

“We were a team that was fragmented and one or two turned into a circus act.”

The boss blamed himself for picking Jack Grealish, John McGinn and Jonathan Kodjia as they had been struggling with injuries in the build-up to the game.

But he stopped short of making excuses and said: “Everyone wants to kick our **** and we’ve had it truly kicked today.”

Seething at the display and another no-show from his side, Bruce was vexed as he was questioned about why it went so wrong.

He came out fighting, though, and insists times will get better at Villa under his leadership.

“We are Aston Villa so when you get beat badly, you have to accept the consequences,” he added.

“The social media dinosaur thing will be coming out and ‘you don’t know what you’re doing’.

“But, look, I have been four times out of this league and got beaten last year in the play-off final.

“I think that would encourage me that I do know what I am doing.

“We have had an awful beating and you have to accept the flak which goes with it.

“It is part and parcel of being at a great club like this one.

“If you get beat heavily and put in a performance then questions are going to be asked.

“The disappointing thing for me, is I always ask of my team, put your boots on. Not enough did today.

“Maybe they couldn’t and that was my fault because they were injured.

“I will look at that and scrutinise myself.

“At least they wanted to go out there but they looked way, way short.

“Most of them haven’t trained since last Saturday, got off the treatment table last Saturday.

“To have four or five is far too many to get away with it.

“But after watching us at Burton, nobody deserved to play, so I changed it.”

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-bruce-aston-villa-taunts-15100309

I presume the new owners are cool heads and will move Bruce on when they have a well worked plan B sorted out. Rash decisions do not make a club successful. Am getting the feeling that this will not be a promotion season, and more a transitional 12 months where major overhaul is performed. Perhaps they can swap the manager later in that process when everything else is in place. Also should be more financial wiggle room next summer, possibly they'd rather give the money to their new guy. One can hope.

My biggest concern is that I can now see Bruce doing just enough to keep his job as we yo-yo from one result to the next. We have to take a risk now as I'm sick of the excuses and living off of his past glories of 4 promotions, but never actually winning a competition as a manager. He thinks he's far better than he is.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Junxs said:

That's why I said promoted / got into europe. As that's a top 6 finish. 

You can't have it both ways, people bang on about his win % down in this division so it needs to be judged in top flight too. 

Ok but did you really expect the likes of Birmingham City/Hull/Sunderland to get into Europe? Of course, the likes of Burnley and whoever get into Europe every now and again, but it's very rare. I say all this because it feels a bit more accurate to criticise with real things rather than twisting the odd stat.

"Social media dinosaur stuff"

I knew it!

He's been sitting there reading the internet and thinking fans are against him. That's where his hysterical stuff came from last year.

You need to go Steve, and you need to retire. The world has changed around you.

Jesus wept. I can picture Alex ringing him now scrolling through twitter. Dad they're doing it again! I know after that 45 minutes v Brentford as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â