Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, DaveAV1 said:

I think you may be right about the press. But I also don’t think it would even register on our new owners, “Giveashitommiter”

Let's hope so.

Them being foreign doesn't help. All the braindead media will see is "trigger happy foreign owners who know nothing about football sack a manager after a couple of bad results".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Agree entirely, but as I've said before, I think the new owners will come in for a lot of flak from the media if they got rid of Bruce now.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Who gives a **** about Moxley and the rest of his mates.  All i give a care about is getting out of this league, not what the rag journalists say.

Got to go (sadly). I’m not a fan of sacking managers on a whim but the direction of travel is all wrong. Bruce will grind out some results for sure but given the squad he has we should be top three. We should have buried the sides we played in the last three games but what we are is a team shot of confidence and going backwards.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Agree entirely, but as I've said before, I think the new owners will come in for a lot of flak from the media if they got rid of Bruce now.

Hope I'm wrong though.

they definitely will, people who dont watch us play defending their mates from the big nasty foreign owners

best thing we could do is appoint a really top class CEO, the english footballing man that will appease to the media and then his first day in office he **** him off

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Who gives a **** about Moxley and the rest of his mates.  All i give a care about is getting out of this league, not what the rag journalists say.

I don't care either, was just making the point that the owners might.

13 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Agreed, the likes of a James Nursey are creaming their jeans at the prospect of publishing another anti Villa story.

Edited by Harry

I had a feeling we would lose tonight and when I saw the team selection it just made my feeling a lot stronger. 

Has it crossed anyone's mind that he may have actually wanted to lose that game? I'm not vindicating it or even defending it but it's a possibility that he decided he didn't want us having the distraction of the North v South cup. 

• Like 2

If Bruce does go at some point, I do hope we get someone who knows how to play real attacking football, that can get our guys taking it to the enemy for a full 90 by keeping the pressure on.

Nine changes in tonight side is understandable considering the amount of games we have played in such a short amount of time.

I am hoping our next game is a win, we do really need one now, so now is the time to pull a rabbit out the hat bruce and bring us a win. Do hope the new wingers have a massive effect on the next game, everyone really needs to step it up now and show this league what we can really do. The more these games end up in results that are not wins, the more the pressure will be on Bruce, also the more the pressure will be on the team to get a result.

I can see the owners getting ready to fly in and meet with bruce, but then again they did mention there would be ups and downs in there statement and that this season was going to be tough while its all figured out.

I trust in our owners to figure it out no matter what and believe if Bruce is replaced that our next manager can do the job and has experience, I don't want to gamble on a no experienced manager.

If Bruce does go, the scary/nervous times are back again, I'm dreading it to be honest because one mistake could send us down the league where we mite not recover from. That's why I think Nas and Wes are giving Bruce room to figure it out properly and yeah I do think he can do it if time is on his side, maybe it is with the owners starting the things they did.

5 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I had a feeling we would lose tonight and when I saw the team selection it just made my feeling a lot stronger. 

Has it crossed anyone's mind that he may have actually wanted to lose that game? 

Well the team and the bench he picked tells you his wasn't bothered about winning and didn't see it as a disaster if we went out. Grealish is worth more than the town of Burton upon Trent and he was sat watching from an upturned bucket. A lot of over reactions on here tonight.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Got to go (sadly). I’m not a fan of sacking managers on a whim but the direction of travel is all wrong. Bruce will grind out some results for sure but given the squad he has we should be top three. We should have buried the sides we played in the last three games but what we a team shot of confidence and going backwards.

This is all very true, particularly the last part about confidence. We started the season, not playing well but nevertheless we won the first three games. I hoped at that point that we could build on the momentum of three good results. However the last four games have completely eroded that momentum and we are rapidly becoming a team that lacks confidence. We’ve gone from not lost in seven to not won in four. Improved performances don’t ever seem to be built on, because they just seem to be random, nobody knows where they’ve come from, least of all Steve Bruce. 

• Like 1

Well mr Bruce your under pressure. You have been backed, have had a favourable fixture list so the excuses stop now. 

Dint give us you lost x amount of players balony as they have been replaced. Defensively you have chosen to play defenders out of position and made balls ups and refused to put your stubbornness play it even though it’s a complete mess. Reminds me of when you tried 3-5-2 and persisted with it even know it failed every tim.e.

you can’t hide anymore. Time to deliver you have three games to save your job in my view and if your sacked you have no one but yourself to blame.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Well the team and the bench he picked tells you his wasn't bothered about winning and didn't see it as a disaster if we went out. Grealish is worth more than the town of Burton upon Trent and he was sat watching from an upturned bucket.

yep, i think even brucie himself doesn't see the bigger picture of what tonight's performance says about us, not sure if he's naive, stubborn, inept or a mixture of all 3, you would have thought that he would have learned something from the yeovil game, you dont necessarily have to win in the cup, its not our priority, we wont beat the biggest fish in it but at the same time you cant do what he's done tonight and get away with it, he's pretty much just shown all the villa fans and hopefully the owners just how flawed his management is, there is simply no structure to his team

• Like 1

Â