Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, Hoof hearted said:

While he's here I'm not attending games home or away and I have 2 season tickets ffs. It's gotten that bad.

While it might seem a waste and not just give them away, I wouldn't put a homeless person through this either tbf.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Publicly throwing the players under the bus now to try and save his own hide. Loving this,  bye bye Brucie boy

But he's a likeable guy and is our best chance taking us forward don't you know!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm feeling very "stable"

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruce has said

he gave chances to those knocking on his door and they let him and the fans down

Exactly what I said he would say in the match thread.........how predictable Steve

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Never your fault Steve 

Oooooh dear.

How long before he loses the dressing room?

I did say I would be amazed if he is still here by Halloween, cause what we have witnessed in his tenure has been a complete horror show!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

I get that and btw I am not fussed on Bruce in or Bruce out, but out of interest, who would you hire that matches the criteria that interests you?

That’s the tricky bit. I’ve always said that I only want to change the manager if we have a proper plan in place that is sustainable and obviously an improvement on what we’ve already got. However my get out clause is that I don’t have the professional knowledge and contacts to make that choice. Hopefully when the owners decide that the time has come, they have that plan. I know we don’t have a CEO in place and perhaps that’s what is holding them back. But hopefully they have enough advisers around them that are capable of helping make such a hugely important decision.

I’m not saying it’s easy and we can all make comments like, Doris could do a better job etc, personally I think she’s too gung-ho, but I truly believe that we aren’t making any further progress and I don’t think we are likely to while Steve Bruce remains our manager. 

• Like 2

I hate to disappoint people but Bruce is not one loss away from the sack. Not even close. The owners statement called for stability and sustainability and have already played up the difficulty of the league and the likelihood of ‘up and downs’ (which suggest to me downplaying of promotion chances). Bruce is their man to deliver these things in the short term. A Tony Xia style early sacking of RDM is not on the cards, especially not while we sit in 4th place and have no CEO.

31 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

The only problem is if we beat Sheffield then it's difficult to justify sacking a manager averaging 2 points per game. They would only do that if they have replacement already lined up.

and all three owners had had simultaneous strokes

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i agree he wont be sacked because of tonights result but at the same time i think tonight's performance has demonstrated to a lot of people what most of the bruce out crowd have been saying for a while, completely void of pretty much anything

He still coached the players tonight. He didn't go out to lose according to his pre match interview, so this don't reflect well on him.

As I have said, I believe its the quality of the players we have winning the games, not his coaching methods, he cannot coach an average team to quality, proved it more so tonight.

• Like 3

Â