Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I don't overly care about tonight's result, looking at the line up I'm not too sure Bruce was either. A comftable win with a fresh squad over the weekend and no one will care about this result but if its another dead performance I think he might start to come under a bit of pressure. 

Now I know many here will hammer me for this. However, I would accept us losing on Sat if it meant Bruce was sacked afterwards. Sacrifice 3 points to ensure we actually have a chance of developing a real team with a real identity. 

Maybe im just suggesting something that others are thinking and I know I will be criticised for wanting us to lose. Much as nearly going bust has made us a much stronger club, losing 3 points on Sat could very well make us a much better team under a new manager......

5 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Yes in the past but not in the last 2 years, which is what I’m interested in. 

I get that and btw I am not fussed on Bruce in or Bruce out, but out of interest, who would you hire that matches the criteria that interests you?

Its not the result that should get Bruce sacked tonight. It was his line-up, players having no coherence with each other and then the subs he made.  Sunday league stuff

Edited by HeyAnty

27 minutes ago, YLN said:

I couldn't give a monkeys about the league cup, and I'm not sure the players could either.

Please stop looking at this match tonight and the game against Yeovil as sticks for the manager's back. I'm not calling for his head, although if the results don't improve in the league I will be. Also we need a CB. We beat Yeovil and lost to Burton in a meaningless competition. Sure if we were sitting comfortably in the premier league we might have a go, but no one cares about the league cup. We beat Burton in a friendly in a match of basically the same significance. On aggregate we won. 

And we are, like it or not, unbeaten in the league.

Its funny you say that, because it was their chance to play a good game and possibly get game time in the league, so if they couldnt give a monkeys about this game, its the wrong players that we have at the club.

13 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Who cares, it’s obvious we weren’t trying to win this cup and it’s just a waste of time for us and Leeds to be in it.

Why? Is football not about winning football matches and creating momentum?

Oh dear. Not reading any comments in this thread, I value my sanity.

Lose the away support you lose your job. Simple.

He's teetering and there is absolutely no defending that tonight, mismanagement of the highest order. Just woeful.

Buh Bai.

1 minute ago, eholm said:

Now I know many here will hammer me for this. However, I would accept us losing on Sat if it meant Bruce was sacked afterwards. Sacrifice 3 points to ensure we actually have a chance of developing a real team with a real identity. 

Maybe im just suggesting something that others are thinking and I know I will be criticised for wanting us to lose. Much as nearly going bust has made us a much stronger club, losing 3 points on Sat could very well make us a much better team under a new manager......

I think the choosing of words could be your undoing of that post.

Wanting us to lose does not sit well with many here, however stating that I think we WILL lose on Saturday and Bruce should be fired immediately afterwards might bode a wee bit better.   

I get you though, poor results should not be accepted along with the rest of the shit the manager has delivered of late..

Bruce has said

he gave chances to those knocking on his door and they let him and the fans down

Apologised to the fans

said bree and axel were on players who played well tonight. Bree was motm according to Bruce at cb

Mcginn grealish and kodjia all have injuries\knocks

seemed very cheesed off when asked about the penalty miss

5 minutes ago, eholm said:

I have thought that, but then you have to be sure he’d be gone, which you wouldn’t be.

Just now, Tommo_b said:

I get that and btw I am not fussed on Bruce in or Bruce out, but out of interest, who would you hire that matches the criteria that interests you?

The trouble with that "debate" is that we don't know what market the owners will be looking at.  For example there is no point suggesting Brendan Rodgers if the owners need a short term fixer to get through the season.  But if they have a 5 year plan that includes big investment in players, coaching, etc - then there might be a project to sell that beats winning title after title in Scotland (after all not many managers get the opportunity to "do a Man City").

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Bruce has said

he gave chances to those knocking on his door and they let him and the fans down

Apologised to the fans

said bree and axel were on players who played well tonight. Bree was motm according to Bruce at cb

Don't care, he's pissed on his chips for me. While he's here I'm not attending games home or away and I have 2 season tickets ffs. It's gotten that bad.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Bruce has said

Apologised to the fans

Publicly throwing the players under the bus now to try and save his own hide. Loving this,  bye bye Brucie boy

• Like 4

1 minute ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I think the choosing of words could be your undoing of that post.

Wanting us to lose does not sit well with many here, however stating that I think we WILL lose on Saturday and Bruce should be fired immediately afterwards might bode a wee bit better.   

I get you though, poor results should not be accepted along with the rest of the shit the manager has delivered of late..

Agree that my words are very strong and will understandably annoy many. I never thought I would ever utter them but a scraped win on Sat will be yet another stay of execution for Bruce. Tin hat is surgically attached to head. 

• Haha 1

Â