Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

7 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Wonder why...

Since the game kicked off on Saturday there have been 400 posts in this thread alone, not to mention the hundreds in pretty much all of the othe threads repeating the same thing over & over again

Maybe he'll just come right out with it. " Those gadges at Villa Talk, they'll be the death of me .  Howay man, it's enough to make me one a get mortal ".

8 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

They dismissed his capability to do a job at Leeds . I think their football speaks for itself. We'll visit this debate at a later date. Then we can determine who is right and wrong

I would hazard a guess that most of those that dismissed him hadn't even heard of him.

Not the point I was making at all, but knock yourself out.

Edited by Stevo985

9 hours ago, TRO said:

Which is even easier to get wins, with better players.

he has only had 26 games in the last 5 years......and no where near the amount of games bruce has presided over.....800 odd v 500 odd.

He has made a great start.....its just a start.

and how about Dinosaur Pulis.....who is on the same points.

Its much too early to start proclaiming conclusive arguments.

Come on Tro. You can’t say he had better players than Bruce so easier to get wins. You have to look at his players in relation to the competition.  In that respect Atletico really punched above their weight while he was manager. 

I do agree it’s too early to say he has transformed Leeds. But he came with a reputation of being a very highly rated coach across Europe. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Come on Tro. You can’t say he had better players than Bruce so easier to get wins. You have to look at his players in relation to the competition.  In that respect Atletico really punched above their weight while he was manager. 

I do agree it’s too early to say he has transformed Leeds. But he came with a reputation of being a very highly rated coach across Europe. 

Now, now.

At Bilbao he had the whole of the Basque region and people from there to find players from. (Yes, they are only allowed to have Basque players in Bilbao)

That's almost 2,7 million people world wide. Out of them I'm sure many 1000 are professional footballers and he only had Real Sociedad and all the other clubs in the world to compete against for those players

Added in the fact that Bilbao isn't a rich club I think it's fair to say he should have barn stormed the league without dropping a single point. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Small complaint, don't mind me. It's Athletic Bilbao, with a different spelling to Atlético de Madrid.

We should know this guys. We've played both of them back in the good old days. Tut tut ?.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Small complaint, don't mind me. It's Athletic Bilbao, with a different spelling to Atlético de Madrid.

We should know this guys. We've played both of them back in the good old days. Tut tut ?.

Good spot. Played them Both in the same season too.  Probably one of my favourite seasons. 

Feels like another lifetime. 

10 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Wonder why...

Since the game kicked off on Saturday there have been 400 posts in this thread alone, not to mention the hundreds in pretty much all of the othe threads repeating the same thing over & over again

mainly because the same issues and the same problems are being repeated over and over again. After 2 years!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

mainly because the same issues and the same problems are being repeated over and over again. After 2 years!!!! 

What's the matter with you man? It's the Villa engine so that makes it all okay!

Mr invincible is not to be questioned here, it's the doom and gloom from the summer that has affected his execution of plans A & B this season.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 3

54 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is it fair to say the general consensus on Bruce is that he has run out of ideas? 

I think when a manager seems to lack conviction on how to setup his team it starts to spell the beginning of the end for him.   

I think the consensus is that he never had any to begin with. He's a nice lad, good man manager, good in the transfer market but tactics are not his forté.

2 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

What's the matter with you man? It's the Villa engine so that makes it all okay!

Mr invincible is not to be questioned here, it's the doom and gloom from the summer that has affected his exection of plans A & B this season.

Sorry. My bad. I completely misunderstood the situation.

All hail Steve Bruce. Savior of Aston Villa. Achieving miracles with absolutely no resources or backing and hoards of hysterical fans at every turn. We are very very lucky to have him here.

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, villa89 said:

I think the consensus is that he never had any to begin with. He's a nice lad, good man manager, good in the transfer market but tactics are not his forté.

Is that not what an assistant usual helps with or is he not up to it either?

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Is it fair to say the general consensus on Bruce is that he has run out of ideas? 

I think when a manager seems to lack conviction on how to setup his team it starts to spell the beginning of the end for him.   

I think he's run out of ideas for a while. he doesn't have many.

It's just that his ideas usually work well (maybe not well enough!)

To be honest I still think there's a good chance they'll work this season. I don't really share the doom and gloom of a lot of people on here, despite sharing the view that a better manager would get more out of this team.

Edited by Stevo985

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

To be honest I still think there's a good chance they'll work this season. I don't really share the doom and gloom of a lot of people on here, despite sharing the view that a better manager would get more out of this team.

I don’t think anything will work in terms of not conceding goals unless some signings are made this week. 

43 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Shit happens, last minute goals happen, we dominated Reading (as you'd expect) and should have been out of sight way before they had a sniff of scoring.

Brentford, we largely dominated the game save for one or two spells for them, again, had we not gotten anything out of that game it would have been a travesty.

The only worrying performance so far this season was Ipswich, and we didn't lose that either.

I'd be far more concerned if we were playing shit but we're not, we're playing pretty well, once the new guys bed in and the season starts taking shape I think we'll be fine.

The fact that we're already 'up there', as opposed to last season where we were always playing catchup should not be overlooked either, irrespective of the strength of the opposition to date (as we know from last season, we tend to raise our game against better opposition anyway).

Â