Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

There is a reason why we (a championship club) are the biggest gig the bloke has ever had in 20yrs of management. 

Small Heath, Huddersfield, Hull and Sunderland is about his level. 

We are 4 points off the top already, after a ridiculously easy set of fixtures! That nearly amounts to a point a game! We spent all of last season playing catch up and we failed miserably! It was a chance for us to set the pace and put pressure on the rest to chase us. Huge failure.

He is also unbelievably lucky not to have been sacked last season. First aim 2 points/game = failed. Second aim automatic promotion = failed. Third aim win play offs = failed. He even said himself, on more than one occasion, that he understood the implications of not getting promoted and yet he is still here! Not for much longer me thinks. Time to go and ruin another set of supporters weekends!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I couldn't give a monkeys about the league cup, and I'm not sure the players could either.

Please stop looking at this match tonight and the game against Yeovil as sticks for the manager's back. I'm not calling for his head, although if the results don't improve in the league I will be. Also we need a CB. We beat Yeovil and lost to Burton in a meaningless competition. Sure if we were sitting comfortably in the premier league we might have a go, but no one cares about the league cup. We beat Burton in a friendly in a match of basically the same significance. On aggregate we won. 

And we are, like it or not, unbeaten in the league.

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Really? After this summers problems?

Do you mean the very same problems that this mans incompetence helped create ? He's not to blame for everything but equally he does carry some of the responsibility imo 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

lost a cup game with a 2nd string team. Not the first time its happened to a team

True, I imagine roughly half of the teams playing in the cup tonight suffered that fate.

So that's a comfort.

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, YLN said:

I couldn't give a monkeys about the league cup, and I'm not sure the players could either.

Please stop looking at this match tonight and the game against Yeovil as sticks for the manager's back. I'm not calling for his head, although if the results don't improve in the league I will be. Also we need a CB. We beat Yeovil and lost to Burton in a meaningless competition. Sure if we were sitting comfortably in the premier league we might have a go, but no one cares about the league cup. We beat Burton in a friendly in a match of basically the same significance. On aggregate we won. 

I think every professional footballer should want to win every time they cross the line - I'm also of the view that our new owners would view this as a fund raising stream 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YLN said:

Do you not feel that you may be burying your head in the sand a little?

• Like 4

Just now, andym said:

But its not just tonights game is it.

Its that again this season we are seeing the same issues we did all of last season -  the same lack of any apparent game plan, the same inability to keep the ball and pass it, players out of position, not putting weaker opposition to the sword.

Yet again we have a run of indifferent performances but still get results, and then because getting good results with poor performances cannot be sustained, we immediately have a poor run where we don't win in 3 or 4. You can't keep doing that and expect to get promotion

Well that all maybe true but think tonight result is the least of his managerial issues at the club and he wont be sacked over this

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

There is a reason why we (a championship club) are the biggest gig the bloke has ever had in 20yrs of management. 

Small Heath, Huddersfield, Hull and Sunderland is about his level. 

Look at my posts since he came in. Ive said it a hundred times, Villa was to big a club. You have to take the initiative when managing a club this size, not sit back and be reactive 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dave J said:

I think every professional footballer should want to win every time they cross the line - I'm also of the view that our new owners would view this as a fund raising stream 

the winning team made 100k from the tournament last season

7 minutes ago, YLN said:

OK so don't focus on the cup. But at least pick an attacking side and tell the team to treat it like a kick about in the park and that losing 7-5 is OK. Go and put on a show. Don't pick 16 defensive players and hope to nick a 0-1 win against a team 21st in League 1.  Especially after having said that the performance in the first round was not acceptable.  I thought he meant unacceptable as in not good enough - not unacceptable because we dared to win.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Do you not feel that you may be burying your head in the sand a little?

Well if you click your heels together and say there's no manager like Steve Bruce we will get promoted right?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Ooooh, unbeaten in the league, that chestnut. So if we draw the next 3 and end up 10th that'll be quality??

Yeah, when that happens there will be the next chestnut ‘there is nobody else’

13 minutes ago, YLN said:

Well they should! As should the manager.

Having watched the recent Man City documentary Pep and every (very) highly paid player in that squad wanted to win the league cup. Why should our players and Manager be any different?

Edited by jim
  • Like 1

Â