Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Resources aren't just transfer fees obviously. There aren't many, if any, teams in this league with the resources to bring players like Bolasie, or El Ghazi on loan...or last season when we brought in Johnstone, Snodgrass, Onomah and Terry on a free reportedly on around 70k p/w.

When you consider this on top of the transfers we do make, it blows the other teams out of the water.

In your opinion. 

Johnstone is at WBA, Grabban at Forest, Onomah is shit and Terry only joined us because of SB (seemingly) as opposed to us being the highest bidders.

Wolves brought in better players last season, Fulham took Mitrovic on loan. 

Forest, Middlesbrough and Stoke have all spent this summer. 

We are not alone in having resources available to us. 

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

In your opinion. 

Johnstone is at WBA, Grabban at Forest, Onomah is shit and Terry only joined us because of SB (seemingly) as opposed to us being the highest bidders.

Wolves brought in better players last season, Fulham took Mitrovic on loan. 

Forest, Middlesbrough and Stoke have all spent this summer. 

We are not alone in having resources available to us. 

You’re right. It’s not just us with resources. Many championship clubs have money to spend. That’s when the quality of the manager becomes even more telling. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Won’t need excuses come the end of the season, we will be challenging the top 2 all the way, all the doom and gloomers are going to be doom and gloomers the whole season regardless of performance or points. 

Wishful thinking with our defence mate. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Exactly where we were after spending £50m+ (under RDM), struggling to come to terms with relegation, demotivation and a lot of new players. 

They’re only 4 points behind us after such a shocking start to be fair. Newcastle starting in s similar fashion  I fully expect Stoke to be challenging for top 2.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You’re right. It’s not just us with resources. Many championship clubs have money to spend. That’s when the quality of the manager becomes even more telling. 

It's the managers without the relative resources that catch my eye. Parkinson and Smith come to mind . I dread to think how we'd look if the new owners hadn't come calling.

27 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Don't be silly.  Anyway, I have it on very good authority from a poster on here that no-one is being played out of position.

And in any case, why in this day and age to we feel the need to label people and pigeon hole them into particular roles? Surely everyone should be free to go and express their creativity however they see fit at that moment in time in an open and supportive environment that seeks to afford equality throughout the pitch with no restrictions on the positions people can play.  Labelling people as this or that just creates barriers between them, stifles that very creativity and reduces opportunities for personal growth. We should be looking to encourage a modern-thinking freedom to roam the pitch as you feel appropriate, we should embrace the ability to move away from rigidity and encourage non-binary roles for players. Actually I think Bruce is just ahead of his time, in years to come, this will be known as the flux formation. 

Or maybe that's a load of Bollox. I'm not sure. Work recently sent me on a "Mindfulness" course and I think I may now be broken.

F**king brilliant!

???

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's the managers without the relative resources that catch my eye. Parkinson and Smith come to mind . I dread to think how we'd look if the new owners hadn't come calling.

warnock last season, or just during bruce's tenure, spent £0m 1st season, £12m 2nd season and finished above bruce (£23m 1st season, £2.5m 2nd)

warnock is a better manager than steve bruce, i honestly dont see how anyone can say otherwise, he plays an even shitter brand of football and he's an utter rocket polisher but he's a better manger 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Could score 4 in the second half but clear he's on borrowed time with his tactics and inability to get this team playing the right kind of football. Bruce has already shown that he won't deliver, he's a waste of time.

That is some mind - numbing football, this can't continue, it really can't.

17 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

The team of more Bruce signings playing together that I think I've seen at Villa is struggling to register a shot against Burton

And Bruce backers will still blame the players. 

Â