Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I hate to disappoint people but Bruce is not one loss away from the sack. Not even close. The owners statement called for stability and sustainability and have already played up the difficulty of the league and the likelihood of ‘up and downs’ (which suggest to me downplaying of promotion chances). Bruce is their man to deliver these things in the short term. A Tony Xia style early sacking of RDM is not on the cards, especially not while we sit in 4th place and have no CEO.

Stablising as a championship club, that's what we're getting under Bruce.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Well mr Bruce your under pressure. You have been backed, have had a favourable fixture list so the excuses stop now. 

Dint give us you lost x amount of players balony as they have been replaced. Defensively you have chosen to play defenders out of position and made balls ups and refused to put your stubbornness play it even though it’s a complete mess. Reminds me of when you tried 3-5-2 and persisted with it even know it failed every tim.e.

you can’t hide anymore. Time to deliver you have three games to save your job in my view and if your sacked you have no one but yourself to blame.

I think he may only have one more game. Sheffield United. Window will have closed, and after that there is the International break.

Our owners should take the opportunity that presents.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Stablising as a championship club, that's what we're getting under Bruce.

Probably true, but you cannot read the statements from the owners and think that Bruce is anywhere near getting the sack. The owners no doubt have their own plans to put in place and this will take time - the ceo appointment is the first step. I think Bruce will be in place as a ‘safe’ pair of hands until they have put together the structural changes behind the scenes, which will not be for a while. Better strap in folks.

Edited by mikeyjavfc

8 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

I hate to disappoint people but Bruce is not one loss away from the sack. Not even close. The owners statement called for stability and sustainability and have already played up the difficulty of the league and the likelihood of ‘up and downs’ (which suggest to me downplaying of promotion chances). Bruce is their man to deliver these things in the short term. A Tony Xia style early sacking of RDM is not on the cards, especially not while we sit in 4th place and have no CEO.

When you start turning on your players publicly the end is nigh. The owners will be left with no option wheater they want to or not.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

When you start turning on your players publicly the end is nigh. The owners will be left with no option wheater they want to or not.

But this is no where near the first time he's done it. 

57 minutes ago, Zatman said:

lost a cup game with a 2nd string team. Not the first time its happened to a team

Certainly not the first time it has happened to us.

However, it is a great opportunity to put out an organised and carefully chosen and positioned team of reserves in order to assess them.

Tonight was a totally wasted opportunity.

The second string played the same way as the first team, fractured and disorganised. Like Bruce just did not care, and could not be bothered to try something useful..

Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

I can’t be the only one who turned off that interview after 30 seconds, just sick of it all now, sane excuses 

I couldn’t click on it. (Wife’s licking on my ear though which is partly to do with it ?)

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Certainly not the first time it has happened to us.

However, it is a great opportunity to put out an organised and carefully chosen and positioned team of reserves in order to assess them.

Tonight was a totally wasted opportunity.

The second string played the same way as the first team, fractured and disorganised. Like Bruce just did not care, and could not be bothered to try something useful..

Zatman makes a very good point actually, when he points out it's a completely different team. That's TWO Villa teams Bruce can't get the best out of. Worrying.

Good point @Zatman, I didn't think of that.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He still coached the players tonight. He didn't go out to lose according to his pre match interview, so this don't reflect well on him.

As I have said, I believe its the quality of the players we have winning the games, not his coaching methods, he cannot coach an average team to quality, proved it more so tonight.

It's rumoured he does barely any coaching at all leaves that to others

8 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Probably true, but you cannot read the statements from the owners and think that Bruce is anywhere near getting the sack. The owners no doubt have their own plans to put in place and this will take time - the ceo appointment is the first step. I think Bruce will be in place as a ‘safe’ pair of hands until they have put together the structural changes behind the scenes, which will not be for a while. Better strap in folks.

Honestly though, I would have been surprised if the new owners said anything else other than talk about stability and sustainability. What else are they going to say?

Regardless of the owners' comments I'm sure Bruce knows that he needs to get it right sooner rather than later. I doubt his bosses want us to be in this league for too long and if it is going pear shaped they will have to make a change. However, they also have the PR to manage with Bruce's best friends in the media. They will crucify them if anything happens now as we haven't lost a game yet in the league and that is all they will look at, not the performances or the blaming of the players or even where a squad as good as ours should actually be in the league.

As you say though, I very much doubt it'll happen in the immediate future regardless of performances, sadly.

Â