Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Wow, so the evil, incompetent, bungling Steve Bruce is in cahoots with the entire evil, incompetent, bungling UK press! 

What chance do any owners, CEOs*, or humble fans have against such a conspiracy? I am sure there are giant green lizards involved somehow as well.

(* oh, sorry, forgot, we haven’t got one) 

10 hours ago, DCJonah said:

No chance. Perfect opportunity to spin the woe is me story. He did it last year, after having the sort of resources most at this level dream of. He will be **** unbearable when he gets his chance to set the scene. And the media will lap it up. 

Yes, will be very interesting to see how he plays it. Will be a good indication as to whether he's going to "do a Hull" on us. 

30 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Wow, so the evil, incompetent, bungling Steve Bruce is in cahoots with the entire evil, incompetent, bungling UK press! 

What chance do any owners, CEOs*, or humble fans have against such a conspiracy? I am sure there are giant green lizards involved somehow as well.

(* oh, sorry, forgot, we haven’t got one) 

Yeah we can either go that route or just admit that he underachieved with substantial resources which is the whole point.

The extra dramatics does not change that. lol

• Like 4

11 hours ago, DCJonah said:

No chance. Perfect opportunity to spin the woe is me story. He did it last year, after having the sort of resources most at this level dream of. He will be **** unbearable when he gets his chance to set the scene. And the media will lap it up. 

I can't help but think this angle is greatly exaggerated by you and a few others on here.

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah we can either go that route or just admit that he underachieved with substantial resources which is the whole point.

The extra dramatics does not change that. lol

The whole point of that article is to claim that the press gave him an easy ride. It is full of insinuation and light on facts to prove the argument - if facts could exist to prove such insinuations.

It’s not a useful read, despite the vast numbers of words used.

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Yes, will be very interesting to see how he plays it. Will be a good indication as to whether he's going to "do a Hull" on us. 

I'd love him to. Anything to see the end of that turgid crap. Can you imagine the football that could be on offer this coming season ? It pains me to even contemplate the thought. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sne said:

Can't see how anyone can disagree with that article

So i'm guessing this will circle back to "oh yeah, but who would you replace him with?"

More worryingly who would 'Dr Tony" choose to replace him !!!

I find it interesting he walked from Hull due to money and transfers (or there lack of) yet is still here under this sh*t show, which makes Hull 2 years ago look like a well oiled machine. I wonder if the 2.5m a year here makes a difference? ??

• Like 2

So Lampard could crash and burn at Derby, but by god doesn't it feel fresh and exciting for them?! 

I think our hands are tied re Bruce at the minute and 100% believe had we had the cash he'd off been off after Wembley. So will be here until we're sold or have the cash to pay him off (or any new owners actually want him) My biggest objection to having him now is he's NEVER built anything long term ANYWHERE. What we need now is a long term project aimed at avoiding old and expensive players and being a little smarter in the way we get the most out of what we have.....it may take a few years (this is assuming Xia goes) and I do not see Bruce as the man for this particular job (I got why he was chosen at the time he was) the remit is different now or should be. I'd happily have Terry in as a Head Coach with an Experienced Assistant and coaching team around him. Pretty much where Lampard is badges wise. Knows the club and players, a role model and could be just the ticket working under a DOF. Would peak my interest anyway. Shoot me down people 

• Like 1

How does it work with his rolling contract? It doesn't just 'roll on' forever, so surely there is a clause in there that allows us to give notice that it will not roll on in the following year? Allowing us to then decide in the summer whether we offer him a renewal or tell him bye bye.

9 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

How does it work with his rolling contract? It doesn't just 'roll on' forever, so surely there is a clause in there that allows us to give notice that it will not roll on in the following year? Allowing us to then decide in the summer whether we offer him a renewal or tell him bye bye.

Sadly no clause. Literally renews each day so he always has 365 days every morning. More great Business by Wyness and Xia

*Edit We can tell him to clear off today, but he's owed a year, ALWAYS

Edited by TheEgo

Â