Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

56 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Possibly hear from Bruce when they report back for training.

Does anyone know when that would be?

Methinks Bruce is waiting to see what transpires, and rightly so.

Premier League clubs return between 28th June and 7th July.

At a guess we'll have a little more insight between now and then.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Thanks 1

Oh so quiet in this thread, lovely! 

Here's an idea, Bruce gets us Barry back, keeps Grealish and Chester, fills out the back 4, signs a couple of decent loans. He's probably in natural territory (the sort of territory he got promotion from previously) - I think he could still do it, and if he's still here, he probably thinks so too. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Here's an idea, Bruce gets us Barry back, keeps Grealish and Chester, fills out the back 4, signs a couple of decent loans. He's probably in natural territory (the sort of territory he got promotion from previously) - I think he could still do it, and if he's still here, he probably thinks so too. 

If 2 out of the top 3 happen I’ll donate £50 to acorns. 

• Like 1

He would have been sacked by now if he was going. He is staying so let's get behind him and hope for the best.

He still has my support. The lower expectations might actually help us for once.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

He would have been sacked by now if he was going. He is staying so let's get behind him and hope for the best.

He still has my support. The lower expectations might actually help us for once.

Yes, we finish mid table and we can rejoice in meeting our target for once. Hurray. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Jareth said:

Xia has loads of money, bruce can get us promoted. 

What a wonderful dream world you have created for yourself. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Xia has loads of money, bruce can get us promoted. 

What a wonderful dream world you have created for yourself. 

Don't be so mean, I'd had some cider writing that. 

On 20/06/2018 at 21:12, AntrimBlack said:

Possibly hear from Bruce when they report back for training.

Does anyone know when that would be?

Methinks Bruce is waiting to see what transpires, and rightly so.

4th of July mate 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Not sure on that Demitri. Really depends on whether club have secured the investment they need. If and when that happens you might see a bit of movement then?

As it is at the moment nothing coming out of Villa Park and anything else is pure speculation at the moment.

I honestly feel considering your last point yes lower expectations will help but only if the younger players are brought through. If that happens Villa might surprise a few next season including Villa fans.

14 hours ago, DCJonah said:

What do you think we can achieve under this owner and manager next season?

Lower expectations or not, we are doing nothing. 

I meant in terms of pressure we might perform better without the high expectations. 

Ask me the question before hull game as i need ti know who is in and who is out. If we sell grealish and Chester I think we will finish mid table

13 hours ago, striker said:

Not sure on that Demitri. Really depends on whether club have secured the investment they need. If and when that happens you might see a bit of movement then?

As it is at the moment nothing coming out of Villa Park and anything else is pure speculation at the moment.

I honestly feel considering your last point yes lower expectations will help but only if the younger players are brought through. If that happens Villa might surprise a few next season including Villa fans.

It would.be terrible planning to sack him just before pre season. If it were to happen it would have happened by now.

How can anyone think it would be a good idea to sack him now? It would be complete and utter madness and add to the chaos surrounding the club.

• Thanks 1

whole club is shambles, anything can happen at any time as I'm not sure anyone is really in control atm.

Likely thou nothing will happen and we will amble along trying to draw as little attention as possible while quietly joining Forrest, Leeds, Blackburn and so on at the elephant cemetery.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

whole club is shambles, anything can happen at any time as I'm not sure anyone is really in control atm.

Likely thou nothing will happen and we will amble along trying to draw as little attention as possible while quietly joining Forrest, Leeds, Blackburn and so on at the elephant cemetery.

• Like 1

On 23/06/2018 at 09:24, Demitri_C said:

Begrudgingly he has mine - not for one minute do I think he deserves another crack at it - nor do I think he is capable of getting promotion but if he remains as the incumbent I will try to back him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think Bruce will quit befire the season starts. He will see it as a impossible situation with xias terrible handling if the club and lack of organisation and planning

Not impossible at all, and would not blame him one bit.

As long as he doesn't wait until the last minute in doing so.

Â