Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

27 minutes ago, John said:

Thanks for turning things around when you came in and getting us so close last season. Thanks for sticking around when you were going through so much with the loss of your parents and when we were in such a financial mess this summer. You did a decent job and are a decent bloke. I think in time most of us will accept that. We can now both move on and hopefully will both prosper in the future.      

Spot on

I said before lunch, maybe they wanted to serve him a cabbage with lunch before pulling the plug...

Jokes aside, I do feel he saved us when he took over. The good will that bought him, his personal life tragedies buying him respect, and the way he dealt with administration threat over the summer all meant he clung on that bit too long.

Thanks for the better times Steve, enjoy the payoff and have a break. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 1

Sacked far too late, should have been moved on as soon as the new owners came in or at least a couple of games ago. 

He certainly tried his best, but pretty much at every step he was found wanting, he was radically out of step tactically and frankly couldn't cope with the expectation at a club our size in the division we're in. He also demonstrated an exceptionally manipulative streak, always looking to deflect blame, shun criticism and attempted, on numerous occasions, to divide the fan base. 

I look forward to reading his pals' in the media write about how he has been hard down by and why we hate him because he used to manage Birmingham City. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

Â