Next Villa Manager

Richard

2 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Ron Saunders came from Manchester City, so we should go and get their manager.

What on earth has that got to do with me pointing out, to your point about managers from lower clubs failing....

Just now, rbcuk said:

What on earth has that got to do with me pointing out, to your point about managers from lower clubs failing....

Sorry, that wasn't particularly aiming at you, and in fairness Manchester City weren't exactly on a high when we got Saunders.  

Just now, jon_c said:

Sorry, that wasn't particularly aiming at you, and in fairness Manchester City weren't exactly on a high when we got Saunders.  

No worries mate, exactly they could turn out to be a cracking appointment

49 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Never thought I'd think it but I do agree - seems the logical decision given his promotion record - not sure he'd do well in the premiership but let's worry about that if we get there . 

What record ? One in 9 years isn't it ?

Big fat Sam is finished in the game ! He deserves to get a hefty ban for being such a stupid greedy prick. Can't believe people want him and his toxicness anywhere near us. Do people not read newspapers ? 

He had the world at his feet but blew it all up through ego & greed. I hope he cried himself to sleep. The man is an embarrassment to the game and should be ostracised. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

I really can not believe people are suggesting Allardyce who has been proved to be dishonest and bent, showing all he cares about is how much extra money he can make despite being the best paid international manager in the world, hopefully a life ban will put an end to it.

• Like 4

This clubs seems to fail to appoint the right manager at the right time. What we need is Paul Lambert circa 2012. We never seem to be able to find up and comers like Gary Rowett or Alex Neill or appoint a Pochettino or Koeman when the club is in a situation to provide a productive environment.

Other than our dismal league position and weak midfield we are surely the right club for a highly rated up and comer with say 2 seasons of successful management or a European ready to come and instill a certain style. 

You could say Lambert, Houllier and Garde were the right men wrong time with Sherwood and Di Matteo being the wrong men wrong time and obviously lacking the CV for the job. 

No idea who fits the above, but I think we need someone who has a sound defensive record as we need to stop conceding stupid goals before we start scoring them.  

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Genie said:

You're not making any sense at all, Rowett didn't get Burton from League 2 to above us. 

He's had pretty much zero actual measurable success apart from a good start to this season with our local rivals.

The mind boggles sometimes. 

Ok lets break it down so it makes sense to you..Burton were in top two when blose approached them they went up same season thanks to work rowett put into them

Then he went blose a team that narrowly avoided relegation had their owner in jail and no money and has successfully transformed them to a top 10 club on a peanuts budget. 

Then as your mind "boggles" they have lost less games than any other side in the league double the points we have yet you still turn your nose up at him?

My mind "boggles"

Unlikely and controversial, but would anyone have Lambert back? 

More his league, hands untied, money to spend.. 

.. Dawkins and Holt tearing up the championship. 

I know Steve Bruce has a good record of promotion from this league, but that is only because he also gets his teams relegated to this division.

Also, he annoys the hell out of me in his after match interviews. Often he will start the interview with... I'm not going to make excuses, but......

11 minutes ago, deamie said:

I really can not believe people are suggesting Allardyce who has been proved to be dishonest and bent, showing all he cares about is how much extra money he can make despite being the best paid international manager in the world, hopefully a life ban will put an end to it.

Well I can see both sides.

On the one hand there is much to dislike, on the other hand if we knew the back story of most Managers that could easily be the case.  And he has recently got a promotion.

Put it this way if someone told me under him we would be guaranteed Premier League football I'd probably say ok....I'm not asking him to babysit my kids or provide lessons in moral superiority.

On the other hand where is the future in the Bruce/Allerdyce/McCarthy/Pulis/Hughes merry - go - round ?

That's as big a reason as him being a tit and greedy.

I think Rowett is being massively over rated by some and would be concerned that the tasks he has done so far are very different to what is needed here, but would prefer the possibilities of him for the future than one of the old guard.

As I say though, Dyche for me.