Next Villa Manager

Richard

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Got to be Bruce:(

Never thought I'd think it but I do agree - seems the logical decision given his promotion record - not sure he'd do well in the premiership but let's worry about that if we get there . 

Just now, Eastie said:

Never thought I'd think it but I do agree - seems the logical decision given his promotion record - not sure he'd do well in the premiership but let's worry about that if we get there . 

Same would rather someone established than someone like Wagner or the guy who is managing brentford. We need someone experienced and established. Enough gambles

1 minute ago, rbcuk said:

Wouldn't mind Dean Smith, sick of seeing the usual names being mentioned with Bruce etc....

The thing is, as much as you may dislike them, the likes of Bruce etc may actually do a decent job in at least steadying the ship.  We need a proven Championship manager now to get us out of the shite. I'm not so sure Dean Smith has that pedigree.  

1 minute ago, trekka said:

The thing is, as much as you may dislike them, the likes of Bruce etc may actually do a decent job in at least steadying the ship.  We need a proven Championship manager now to get us out of the shite. I'm not so sure Dean Smith has that pedigree.  

Di Matteo finished second in the Championship.

We don't need one these managers with a track record of failure, so none of the usual suspects please. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trekka said:

It's ok doing it at clubs like brentford but villa is a huge leap in size - some in the past have stepped up from smaller clubs and failed , turner and lambert spring to mind.

2 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Di Matteo finished second in the Championship.

We don't need one these managers with a track record of failure, so none of the usual suspects please. 

Hasn't Bruce won promotion four times ? 

Said it before but Sean Dyche.

Hes managed to get Burnley playing decent football, promoted to the prem twice. Yes they got relegated, but this is Burnley we're talking about, they aren't expected to even be in the top flight. That job has hit a ceiling and eventually he'll want to step up, we should make sure it's for us. Yes it would be a step down initially, but the ceiling is higher at Vila.

Has Ian Taylor still got a role at us, as he is mates with Dyche.

6 minutes ago, trekka said:

RDM, on the back of getting WBA up had championship pedigree. Jedinak and Elphick had got promoted. McCormack scored bag loads. The "Championship experience" stuff is failed logic. Where's David Wagner's championship experience ? Little huddersfield actually took time to scout and find a real gem of a manager managing essentially a reserve team. The got their hands dirty and real football people made a very good decision. Villa arrive on , throw money at everything without seemingly doing their homework on anything. Embarrassing at the minute.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eastie said:

It's ok doing it at clubs like brentford but villa is a huge leap in size - some in the past have stepped up from smaller clubs and failed , turner and lambert spring to mind.

It's football. Nothing is guaranteed, even with spending money. Calculated risk. The thing I've always worried about with villa is the people responsible for hiring our next manager. No confidence.

11 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Didn't John Gregory come from Wycombe, he didn't do too bad a job