Match Thread: Barnsley v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

We are playing 4-4-1-1. On paper the line up sounds attacking but the reality is we are too negative.

The problem is we don't get enough ball to get it forward - you can play with four forwards and lay them up however you like - but without a midfield they're going to spend a lot of time watching the other side with the ball or chasing lost causes. 

We've got a massive hole in the middle of the park and well known box-to-box running machine Jack Grealish isn't going to fill it.

4 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Were going to lose 1 - 0 with a late goal

Can't say i'll be surprised

But you're predicting it.. so why would you be surprised? Are you usually surprised by things you expect to happen? How do you feel when things you don't expect to happen happen? Exploding head syndrome?

• Like 1

Just now, srsmithusa said:

.... and this exemplifies the OTT vendetta to which I was referring.   Any differing opinion is dismissed immediately.

No.

You called criticism of him 'scapegoating' but seemingly you don't actually know what the word means. 

It means someone being blamed for mistakes of others. Nobody is therefore scapegoating RDM you are quite literally talking nonesense.

There is no vendetta either, that's is perhaps another word to look up.

And nobody is dismissing others opinions, just rubbishing attempts to label criticism of RDM with completely ill fitting words like scapegoat.

As I said, nonesense. 

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The problem is we don't get enough ball to get it forward - you can play with four forwards and lay them up however you like - but without a midfield they're going to spend a lot of time watching the other side with the ball or chasing lost causes. 

We've got a massive hole in the middle of the park and well known box-to-box running machine Jack Grealish isn't going to fill it.

We are sitting too deep apparently so when we do get the ball we can't get it forward at pace with any purpose. I don't know if Westwood solves that. For me Gestede on and then get the ball up to him, get players around him and play from there.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

RDM out.

If we don't win this then I agree. RDM has to go as this is getting beyond a joke. Not because of the result but because of the seemingly piss poor judgement and lack of tactical nous.  He is a long way from having a squad full of leaders who could manage themselves to winning the Champions League.  He needs to find something and soon.  

There, I said it.