Match Thread: Barnsley v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

I don't think this is anything like a 4-2-4 as the commentator keeps saying Grealish is way too deep for a number 10.  It is a 4-2-3-1 and if anything we are playing it on the back foot way too deep.

It is definitely a 4-2-3-1 the problem is that the Tshibola has to play deep to cover because Jedinak can't run - then you've got them breaking against our version of Roy Keane - which let's face it Jack Grealish ain't.

I'm sure in RDM's head the ball just sort of magic's it's way up to the edge of the opposition area.

Bit of pressure coming from us at the moment which is a welcome relief. Once we get some possession up front we look strong as you'd expect given the quality we've got in attack - it's getting them there.

Yellow card for one of theirs for a tug on Adomah.

2 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

you are so behind the times.  Westwood is yesterday's scapegoat.  haven't you heard?  It's RDM now.

Is this even a serious post?

God forbid the manager take some criticism for our terrible performances and even worse results.

watching goals as they go in on sky, the standard of defending in this league is shocking, we should be taking advantage with the players we have.

Unacceptable by RDM that he can't get us to score goals, let alone win a game. He hasn't got a clue what hes doing.

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Bit of pressure coming from us at the moment which is a welcome relief. Once we get some possession up front we look strong as you'd expect given the quality we've got in attack - it's getting them there.

Yellow card for one of theirs for a tug on Adomah.

For me we need to get it forward quicker. That whole move where we got the free kick stemmed from a 50 yard pass. I'd play Gestede and get it forward up to him quickly and play off him. Not pretty but effective especially when you have a side closing you down so quickly.

Edited by markavfc40