Match Thread: Barnsley v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, Uncle Albert said:

from what tony tweeted earlier rdm isnt going anywhere :angry:

You interpreted that as very different to me.

i read it as the standard line every owner/CEO says just before sacking the manager.

He could hardly say we're looking at other managers and will sack RDM if he doesn't win tonight.

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

We are sitting too deep apparently so when we do get the ball we can't get it forward at pace with any purpose. I don't know if Westwood solves that. For me Gestede on and then get the ball up to him, get players around him and play from there

Gestede gives us something in this formation, because he gives us the easy out - a simple ball that will work reasonably often - it means we don't have to try and work the ball, we can launch it and hope for the best - that means we don't need the midfield so much.

I think Westwood works because he adds a third body and allows Jedinak and Tshibola to work the ball a little more - to bring it forward, to take a little time and work it - like a football team.

2 minutes ago, Daniel said:

What does this picture say about RDM if his own players are doing the managing for him. I've never felt good about having him as manager.

dimatteo_terry_2169304b.jpg

Exactly what I said above.  When he won the Champions League he was blessed in that he had leaders able to do the management for him.  He needs to show that leadership now. 

Amazing really.

We have spent exuberant amounts of money to assemble a squad with no midfield, suited only (and not even that) to play 4-2-4 hoofball and hope we are lucky enough to hang on once our non existent midfield folds under pressure 

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think Westwood works because he adds a third body and allows Jedinak and Tshibola to work the ball a little more - to bring it forward, to take a little time and work it - like a football team.

We aren't getting any time apparently as Barnsley are closing us down so quickly. We need to stretch the game and with Gestede you can do that. Massive 45 mins for RDM this.