Match Thread: Barnsley v Villa

limpid

I'm not watching the game but from reading the posts above it doesn't sound like we're doing very well at all.  Hugely disappointing - RDM needs to get his thumb out of his proverbial and do something positive (and one which makes sense).  

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

For me we need to get it forward quicker That whole move where we got the free kick stemmed from a 50 yard pass. I'd play Gestede and get it forward up to him quickly and play off him.

I agree - I think the way we're set up, long ball will work well - we bang it up, hope it takes a bounce and we've got quick, dangerous people around the loose ball. It just seems a little unambitious as a footballing aim for a side that have spent £60m.

But yes - long ball is best bet at the moment.

• Like 1

Just now, AVFCDAN said:

Is this even a serious post?

God forbid the manager take some criticism for our terrible performances and even worse results.

yes, it's serious.  thanks for checking.   criticizing is one thing (and fair).  scapegoating is another - IMO several have moved into the latter.  

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Jack is totally out of the game here. Needs to swap for Ayew according to WM which I agree with.  Either that or replaced by McCormack. 

I'd replace him with Westwood. He's playing deep. He may as well be replaced in midfield by a midfielder. 

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd replace him with Westwood. He's playing deep. He may as well be replaced in midfield by a midfielder. 

You're still drunk.

• Like 1