PieFacE

Media saying they may have bottled it again??

They have just lost against one of the best teams in the league. I mean no ones safe when Villa are in the mood, see Man City at VP. Arsenal could go on an win every last game, no worries. 😂

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Agree, they haven't 'bottled' anything (not yet, anyway). They just lost to us when we played really well. They weren't even bad, just visibly tiring by the second half. 

They've now handed the advantage to City.  If City go on to win all their remaining games (which is entirely possible), then this defeat (and Liverpool's defeat to Palace) is where they have bottled it. 

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

They've now handed the advantage to City.  If City go on to win all their remaining games (which is entirely possible), then this defeat (and Liverpool's defeat to Palace) is where they have bottled it. 

I'm certainly not Arsenals biggest fan. But by no way have they bottled it losing to us. Like I said, second half we were in the mood, they didn't have a chance.

• Like 2

Losing one game isn't 'bottling it' especially when the defeat was to a very good side who played very well on the day, to say they 'bottled it is to unfairly take credit away from us, and to be fair they didn't even play badly themselves, we had to defend very well first half to keep them out.

Last season they bottled it because they were eight points clear in April, but only won three of their last nine, in that run they dropped dropped points to West Ham, and Southampton, and lost to Brighton and Nottingham Forest, that's throwing the title away, not losing one game to the team in fourth place, previous to that they had one ten of their last eleven and the other game was an away draw to Manchester City

If come the end of the season they miss out on the title by a couple of points there are worse results they can look back on with bitter regret and wish undone than losing to us, they only took one point off Fulham across two games for example

• Like 3

Completely different to last season. They have never been in the driving seat this season so there's nothing to bottle.

This season they've just lost it, assuming Man City don't slip from here.

Thought it was very telling the stadium was 75% empty when the whistle blew, that's the kind of thing that sticks with you as a player.  They're so close to winning a title and yet the first sign of adversity and the fans down tools and leave.

I'd like to think Villa fans would still be backing the squad having got this far.  

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Completely different to last season. They have never been in the driving seat this season so there's nothing to bottle.

This season they've just lost it, assuming Man City don't slip from here.

This. Someone has to come 2nd. Doesn't mean they bottled it, just that came 2nd. 

1 minute ago, Don_Simon said:

This. Someone has to come 2nd. Doesn't mean they bottled it, just that came 2nd. 

Especially against those cheats. *115 charges….

30 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Thought it was very telling the stadium was 75% empty when the whistle blew, that's the kind of thing that sticks with you as a player.  They're so close to winning a title and yet the first sign of adversity and the fans down tools and leave.

I'd like to think Villa fans would still be backing the squad having got this far.  

We are just as bad, our stadium emptied when Spurs dicked us. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Fans of all clubs do it - including Villa.

Another shit shift in modern football.  Things going badly in that one game?  Boo the team and leave early!  What?  We paid for the ticket - we can do what we like!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

We are just as bad, our stadium emptied when Spurs dicked us. 

Our stadium empties when we are chasing a last minute winner or hanging on to a narrow lead.

At Brentford it’s 3-3 with 7 mins added time. At 85 minutes people are streaming out, guy next to me says he can’t believe people are leaving now. 90 mins comes up and then he gets up and leaves! 

I get the traffic is bad but who cares about an extra 20 mins at home. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

Our stadium empties when we are chasing a last minute winner or hanging on to a narrow lead.

At Brentford it’s 3-3 with 7 mins added time. At 85 minutes people are streaming out, guy next to me says he can’t believe people are leaving now. 90 mins comes up and then he gets up and leaves! 

I get the traffic is bad but who cares about an extra 20 mins at home. 

Yea, me and your missus were happy with that extra 20 mins!!!!!!!! 

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Just jokes innit.  I wouldn't touch her with yours..

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

another joke. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Media saying they may have bottled it again??

They have just lost against one of the best teams in the league. I mean no ones safe when Villa are in the mood, see Man City at VP. Arsenal could go on an win every last game, no worries. 😂

It's really pissing me off this narrative that we've pulled off an impossible victory that was actually forgone conclusion. 

We've already beaten them once this season.

We were in 4th place. You'd think we were adrift at the foot of the table the way it's being perceived. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's really pissing me off this narrative that we've pulled off an impossible victory that was actually forgone conclusion. 

We were in 4th place. You'd think we were adrift at the foot of the table the way it's being perceived. 

Shock defeat don't you know. 

If one of the other sky 6 clubs beats another away from home, it's never a shock.

We're still not considered part of the cartel. Need to sustain our position for a few years. 

Edited by MrBlack

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Torn. Want Arsenal to win to help us out but also want our/Emery’s win against them to completely unravel their season

As unlikeable as Arteta is Dortmund and Munich losing would go a long way towards relieving us of a huge amount of pressure. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

1 hour ago, MrBlack said:

Shock defeat don't you know. 

If one of the other sky 6 clubs beats another away from home, it's never a shock.

We're still not considered part of the cartel. Need to sustain our position for a few years. 

In fairness, Arsenal had won 10 of their last 11 games (the 1 game they didn't win was a 0-0 draw away at Man City) and had comfortably beaten Liverpool (3-1) and Newcastle (4-1) at home in that run.  Similarly, our away results against the teams around us have been a loss at Man City (4-1), a loss at Liverpool (3-1), a win at Spurs (1-2), a loss at Newcastle (5-1) and a loss at Man Utd (3-2) and we were coming into the game having almost gifted Brentford victory at Villa Park and (IMO) having been the second best side against Lille.

The bookies had us at around 9/1 to win which is pretty high odds for a one-off game and the vast majority of us wouldn't have expected to win at all.

It was a pretty surprising win.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, bobzy said:

In fairness, Arsenal had won 10 of their last 11 games (the 1 game they didn't win was a 0-0 draw away at Man City) and had comfortably beaten Liverpool (3-1) and Newcastle (4-1) at home in that run.  Similarly, our away results against the teams around us have been a loss at Man City (4-1), a loss at Liverpool (3-1), a win at Spurs (1-2), a loss at Newcastle (5-1) and a loss at Man Utd (3-2) and we were coming into the game having almost gifted Brentford victory at Villa Park and (IMO) having been the second best side against Lille.

The bookies had us at around 9/1 to win which is pretty high odds for a one-off game and the vast majority of us wouldn't have expected to win at all.

It was a pretty surprising win.

Good facts, but the point remains, if it was Man United or Chelsea in 4th, coming off that of results, it wouldn't be considered a shock.

Like I said, give us a season or two with this form and I'd expect the narrative to change.

Â