PieFacE

18 hours ago, villan-scott said:

Huge if true. Another team in transition if he goes and ends up at Barca. Emery’s time to shine at Villa! 

Doesn't make sense - why would he leave Arsenal? He's not going to get a better job anywhere else. 

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently Kai "£65m down the drain, Kai Havertz scores again" Havertz is the highest earner at the club. Can't imagine that's going down well given how horrifically bad he's been.  

Edited by villa89

19 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Apparently Kai "£65m down the drain, Kai Havertz scores again" Havertz is the highest earner at the club. Can't imagine that's going down well given how horrifically bad he's been.  

He's been way better in recent weeks and is a big part of their current excellent form. Not saying he's justified the price tag yet, but he's earned some more time before people reach final judgements I think. 

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

He's been way better in recent weeks and is a big part of their current excellent form. Not saying he's justified the price tag yet, but he's earned some more time before people reach final judgements I think. 

he's got a massive problem in that its hard to know exactly what he is, he's not a striker, you can say he's an AMC but then in the modern world of wikipedia scouting and coming off the back of a generation that had gerrard, lampard and scholes he's currently sat on 25 goals in 120 games which isn't good enough really, he's a good footballer with no real position or role which means he's almost always a square peg

he's also not what arsenal needed as they arguably already have a few players like him, said in another thread they should have added another £10m and gone for watkins

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

he's got a massive problem in that its hard to know exactly what he is, he's not a striker, you can say he's an AMC but then in the modern world of wikipedia scouting and coming off the back of a generation that had gerrard, lampard and scholes he's currently sat on 25 goals in 120 games which isn't good enough really, he's a good footballer with no real position or role which means he's almost always a square peg

he's also not what arsenal needed as they arguably already have a few players like him, said in another thread they should have added another £10m and gone for watkins

It's not that I think any of that is ridiculously wrong or anything, but again it seems a weird time to bring it up. His last three performances (rated at 8.1, 8.6 and 8.1 on Whoscored) have brought 2 goals and an assist for him personally, and Arsenal have won all three scoring 6, 5 and 4 goals in the process. Yes it's just a short period, but if he keeps performing like this then he'll thoroughly deserve his money. 

Arteta turned them into a cracking football team.

Although he spend loads of money he has done a fantastic job.

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Thought they'd be there or there about this season. I didn't buy into the opinion because they blew it last season they wouldn't challenge this season. Fact is villa are competing against some seriously good teams at the top end of the table 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Thought they'd be there or there about this season. I didn't buy into the opinion because they blew it last season they wouldn't challenge this season. Fact is villa are competing against some seriously good teams at the top end of the table 

What is it they've picked up 58 of a possible 63 points? We're doing amazing to even be remotely close to that

• Like 1

Just read an article saying arsenal might be prepared to consider offers in the region of £50 million for Eddie nketiah 😂 am I missing something or does that valuation look about £40-50 million to high 

Hell of a lot for a striker who doesn't score goals.

5 PL goals all season, and that includes a hattrick against Sheffield United which has about as much sporting merit as goals against the Arsenal under 9s.

On 06/03/2024 at 10:41, punkiller1981 said:

Just read an article saying arsenal might be prepared to consider offers in the region of £50 million for Eddie nketiah 😂 am I missing something or does that valuation look about £40-50 million to high 

Same as Chelsea looking the same amount for Broja.  Because of FFP, the days of clubs buying these teams overpriced cast-offs are hopefully over.  

46 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Same as Chelsea looking the same amount for Broja.  Because of FFP, the days of clubs buying these teams overpriced cast-offs are hopefully over.  

spacer.png

Whilst Eddie has a pulse it'll keep going... 

• Haha 1

On 05/03/2024 at 06:03, Pinebro said:

He's still a massive whopper though.

Â