PieFacE

On 07/03/2024 at 14:01, Dale said:

spacer.png

Whilst Eddie has a pulse it'll keep going... 

He hasn't really bought any cast-offs at Newcastle though? I guess they were discussed as maybe interested in Phillips, so one at a stretch. 

It's really a Bournemouth days knock on him, and not without some merit, though perhaps worth recognising that the much-mocked Solanke is now their best player and most valuable asset. 

EDIT: To bring this a little more on topic, you could see a club in the position Bournemouth were in under Howe being interested in Nketiah (Ollie McBurnie is starting every week in this league after all) but not at the suggested price tag obvs. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

• 5 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Explain?

He has always been a top player but was a bit of a laughing stock at start of the season. Since turn of year he has probably been Arsenal best player and has helped them become a free scoring team

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He has always been a top player but was a bit of a laughing stock at start of the season. Since turn of year he has probably been Arsenal best player and has helped them become a free scoring team

Ok, must be the only player you have ever rated.

Desperately need a striker, havertz is a good player but they should have spent it on a 9

They also need a proper quality back up to saka, 53rd game of the season today, he's started 30 PL games - by comparison bailey has started 18 and diaby 21, ollie Watkins has 1100 minutes less football than Saka this season 

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Desperately need a striker, havertz is a good player but they should have spent it on a 9

They also need a proper quality back up to saka, 53rd game of the season today, he's started 30 PL games - by comparison bailey has started 18 and diaby 21, ollie Watkins has 1100 minutes less football than Saka this season 

Mad to think he has played over 250 senior games at only 22, thats more than Simon Dawkins did in his whole career.

• Like 1

Rice is on 58 games, 4602 mins of football

McGinn is on 53 3787

Tielemans 45 1975

Luiz 41 2758

Odegaard is on 44 4481

I can't be bothered to look but I doubt we've got a single player over 4000 minutes, arsenal's best 3 players straight away all are 

• Like 3

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Mad to think he has played over 250 senior games at only 22, thats more than Simon Dawkins did in his whole career.

I thought it's what did rashford in, never 100% fit always needed an operation but they delayed it and delayed it to play more football for utd and England 

Then he had the operation, got a rest at utd and it turned out he was just shit 

Certainly need an upgrade on Gabriel Jesus. Isak would be a great fit for them.

Beyond that they're really not far away given how good their backline has been. I think issue for them is Saka simply hasn't been as good as last season. Aside from his constant falling over he was completely invisible in the second half and Martinelli has had a bit of a write off season with injuries.

The trouble for Arsenal is this. They're good, very good infact but they're not quite 90 point good and while Guardiola remains at Man. City that is always the points bar you need to hit to have a serious chance of winning the league.

Arsenal will probably finish on 86/87 points so missing that extra that Man. City have.

They're done title-wise I think. They don't have the mental strength to come back from this setback and even if they do City are unlikely to slip up enough to let them back in.

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm guessing villa have some of these by now? 

Edit - thinking about it... How do you have die hards like this that aren't actually going to games? Sat at home every week able to do this shit? The utd guy must earn enough from it to attend? 

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

This is it except Havertz isn't really a good player. He's okay but he's one of those players where you try to play him in a few positions and realise he's no good in any of them. £65m down the drain, should have bought a proper striker. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

The one loud fella for Watkins goal. Just focusing in on his opening “it’s done” section.

Watkins is in. Oh my days. This could be it. This could be it. It’s ****ing it, it’s ****ing done, it’s ****ing done, that’s it, it’s done. It’s ****ing done. That’s it, finito. Game over. That’s it. That’s it. City are top - we ain’t catching them. That’s it. That’s it. That’s it, title’s done. That’s it, game over. We ain’t catching City. That’s it, it’s done. It’s ****ing done. It’s ****ing done. It-it’s done. It’s done. It’s ****ing done. Well done Arsenal.

9 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

The one loud fella for Watkins goal. Just focusing in on his opening “it’s done” section.

Watkins is in. Oh my days. This could be it. This could be it. It’s ****ing it, it’s ****ing done, it’s ****ing done, that’s it, it’s done. It’s ****ing done. That’s it, finito. Game over. That’s it. That’s it. City are top - we ain’t catching them. That’s it. That’s it. That’s it, title’s done. That’s it, game over. We ain’t catching City. That’s it, it’s done. It’s ****ing done. It’s ****ing done. It-it’s done. It’s done. It’s ****ing done. Well done Arsenal.

Which is what Merson said

They just lack that 20 plus goals a season man. Although Saka hasn't been as good as last season his numbers are still good. 14 goals 8 assists. Martenelli on the other hand has had a poor season and he was brilliant last season. 

Â