PieFacE

1 hour ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Sure there were some Villa fans turning their nose up at Jesus & Zinchenko when we were (lazily) linked with them this window😅  

I would have loved to have seen either in a Villa shirt, especially Jesus - he's a fantastic player and I am surprised City let him go (to a possible rival?!).

Of the so called top 6 - these have always been my "favourite". I use the term favourite very lightly. The most bearable. And I enjoyed watching the Wenger invincible team.

Hope they can give City a run for their money, but I doubt they will really.

Jesus has looked almost unplayable at times. Tremendous instincts and awareness in and outside of the box. I've been saying for decades that Arsenal have needed a top striker (I don't think Aubamayang is top class myself). Well they have one now. 

Edited by HKP90
typo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, daft said:

This is just it. I have coached youth, and you care as **** even at that level. 

Not so much about results obviously, but giving everyone a good hockey education, a fair shake and platmying time and most importantly having fun. 

And it's gutting hearing that someone isn't happy or feels left out or is bored etc. 

I can only imagine what the pros feel. 

I know that every single person including SG is working their asses off right this minute trying to fix things. 

I can also guarantee they all take it very seriously.

Thanks for the tip! Will check it out.

Yeah, I thought it was great, really all access, and honest in a way you would not get with PL teams, because PR guys would get in the way. 

As an example Paul Warne of Rotherham has to select his team for a cup final, knowing that some of his seniors may need to miss out to give them the best chance of winning, but he agonises over it because he knows that for some of the players it will be their only chance ever to play at Wembley. Really felt for him. 

Karl Robinson of Oxford almost has a nervous breakdown because of his need to succeed, and the pressure of trying to make the playoffs. 

It just feels 'real' in a way that all or nothing hints at, but never fully captures. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Looks like ESR is an afterthought at the Arse.

Indeed, we'd have probably got him if we were interested this summer. Well down the pecking order now if everyone stays fit and they're actually being linked with Pedro Neto aswell so perhaps they'll offer him to Wolves as part of the deal.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, daft said:

Indeed. I very much enjoyed the City one as well. Also check out Inside Borussia Dortmund if you haven't.

Also, I actually like Arteta as he comes across in the docu-drama. It's obviously both scripted at times and very, very curated, but he comes across as direct, to the point yet intelligent with a good sense of how to handle people. 

Very astute tactically as well. 

My point is....even when things are being done properly, the complexity of the whole thing takes time to manifest itself in to results and performances.

Some teams are quicker to turn around than others.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, TRO said:

My point is....even when things are being done properly, the complexity of the whole thing takes time to manifest itself in to results and performances.

Some teams are quicker to turn around than others.

Indeed. Very true. Looking on from the outside things seem deceptively simple, but reality is surely different.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If ESR is available we should make a offee. He has massive potential. 

Also arsenal need cash as they close to breaching FFP

Not after how his team treated us last summer

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

They used us made us look stupid in public so he could get a new contract

How did we look stupid. We put in an offer for a player that was rejected and he ended up signing a new contract with his current team. Same thing could be happening with Sarr. No big deal.

13 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Pepe to Nice on loan. £72m flop. 

To think they could have had Zaha instead if they weren't so stupid. Signed Pepe and paid his four agents £5m each, similar to many of our Belgian transfers the whole thing stinks of corruption.

26 minutes ago, villa89 said:

To think they could have had Zaha instead if they weren't so stupid. Signed Pepe and paid his four agents £5m each, similar to many of our Belgian transfers the whole thing stinks of corruption.

They sacked about 3 people off the back of it didn't they? I'm sure the sporting director etc all lost their job over him 

Which based on them turning it around now could be a good thing 

He's the last of the rotten apples out of the door, hard to know if arsenal will come good or even what coming good looks like for them but at least they've got rid of those stealing a living 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

They sacked about 3 people off the back of it didn't they? I'm sure the sporting director etc all lost their job over him 

Which based on them turning it around now could be a good thing 

He's the last of the rotten apples out of the door, hard to know if arsenal will come good or even what coming good looks like for them but at least they've got rid of those stealing a living 

It took them time but they’ve turned it around. It’s amazing how toxic of a place it was. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

:(

Arsenal's Pablo Mari stabbed in Milan supermarket attack as six people injured

Arsenal defender Pablo Mari and five other people have been stabbed in an attack in a supermarket near Milan.

The shocking incident occurred in a Carrefour in the Milanofiori di Assago shopping centre at around 5.30pm this Thursday. Four of the victims are said to be in a serious condition. Mari's condition is not yet known.

According to numerous reports from Italy, a 46-year-old man is believed to have taken a knife from the shelves of a store and began stabbing people shopping inside. Customers are said to have bravely intervened to stop the attacker, who has since been arrested and taken into police custody.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/breaking-arsenals-pablo-mari-stabbed-28347230

• Sad 1

Â