PieFacE

Has he done a good job? He has spent a fortune and Wenger and Emery actually won more points when finishing 5th and both got hounded out. Since Arteta came in Arsenal are scoring less goals as well

Not sure where this hype has came from except he is Peps apprentice

The biggest thing he's done is got rid of auba and lacazette and built the club around saka and ESR young lads full of beans who actually want to be there, they've at least in part stopped the rot, maybe edu deserves more credit than arteta 

Not sure on what comes next though, 6th and a cup is a good year for them, they're still a way off top 4 and miles off the top 2, who knows if their fans think the same, especially as they're also miles off spurs... Arsenal vs Spurs should be a late round cup tie this year, they both need one and should really push for one 

They just missed out on top 4 last season but Chelsea now look weaker. Could this be the year they get back to the Champions League?

You’d have to begrudgingly give Arteta some credit if he manages it. I didn’t think they would get close before last season but have revamped the squad with good young players. 

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Arsenal fan from a child. Golden boy of the academy. Acclaimed future of the club through the age groups. Arsenal's No.10.

Yeah, it was pretty obvious at the time that we were just being used by his agent for contract leverage. 

Got to say they are starting to look like Arsenal of old. Team of technically gifted players, now with the added workrate they’ve lacked for some time now; they look a really good outfit again. Jesus and Zinchenko are top signings imo, looks to have really kicked them on. I expect the 2 NL clubs to take 3rd and 4th this season. Feels like a lifetime ago they were in turmoil and we had their number and could look to get closer to them. Miles apart now.

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Did worlds of good for Arteta. And Arse fans are as entitled as they come.  

The Video is a good watch...."All or nothing" on Prime.

good insight as to how hard it can be....even when the best of intentions are employed.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

good insight as to how hard it can be....even when the best of intentions are employed.

Yeah I liked the Spurs and Man City ones, but Arse fans are insufferable. 

Best one I've seen/heard is the BBC Sounds podcast 'Moment of Truth' which last season followed Oxford and Rotherham. Brilliant insight into management, and how much everyone involved actually cares, to the point of mental health issues.  

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Best one I've seen/heard is the BBC Sounds podcast 'Moment of Truth' which last season followed Oxford and Rotherham. Brilliant insight into management, and how much everyone involved actually cares, to the point of mental health issues.  

Having been close, to a top class player.....I can tell you, they care....but its not as easy as we think.

Sure there were some Villa fans turning their nose up at Jesus & Zinchenko when we were (lazily) linked with them this window😅  

I would have loved to have seen either in a Villa shirt, especially Jesus - he's a fantastic player and I am surprised City let him go (to a possible rival?!).

Of the so called top 6 - these have always been my "favourite". I use the term favourite very lightly. The most bearable. And I enjoyed watching the Wenger invincible team.

Hope they can give City a run for their money, but I doubt they will really.

2 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

Sure there were some Villa fans turning their nose up at Jesus & Zinchenko when we were (lazily) linked with them this window😅  

I would have loved to have seen either in a Villa shirt, especially Jesus - he's a fantastic player and I am surprised City let him go (to a possible rival?!).

Of the so called top 6 - these have always been my "favourite". I use the term favourite very lightly. The most bearable. And I enjoyed watching the Wenger invincible team.

Hope they can give City a run for their money, but I doubt they will really.

i dont think any of us with an IQ higher than our shoe size actually turned their nose up at Jesus or Zinchenko, both brilliant players.

I would have given my right arm for us to get Jesus.

• Like 2

On 22/08/2022 at 13:35, TRO said:

Indeed. I very much enjoyed the City one as well. Also check out Inside Borussia Dortmund if you haven't.

Also, I actually like Arteta as he comes across in the docu-drama. It's obviously both scripted at times and very, very curated, but he comes across as direct, to the point yet intelligent with a good sense of how to handle people. 

Very astute tactically as well. 

20 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i dont think any of us with an IQ higher than our shoe size actually turned their nose up at Jesus or Zinchenko, both brilliant players.

I would have given my right arm for us to get Jesus.

I seem to recall one or two on the summer transfer thread that didn't want Jesus, but to be fair it may have been more due to the wages / not the position people felt we needed strengthening at the time - than not rating him as a player.

I'm with you though, big fan. 

The part he played in the first Arsenal goal against Bournemouth was absolutely class - strength, awareness, skill, pace, vision, weight of pass 👌

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The_Steve said:

£213m loss over three years 

Built an entirely new squad and have the youngest average age team in the PL - and a lot of players worth a lot of money on current form.

I really thought they were pissing into the wind with Arteta and the policy but they haven't. They have a solid foundation now can can cherry pick signings - what we were supposed to be able to do.

On 22/08/2022 at 13:39, HKP90 said:

This is just it. I have coached youth, and you care as **** even at that level. 

Not so much about results obviously, but giving everyone a good hockey education, a fair shake and platmying time and most importantly having fun. 

And it's gutting hearing that someone isn't happy or feels left out or is bored etc. 

I can only imagine what the pros feel. 

I know that every single person including SG is working their asses off right this minute trying to fix things. 

I can also guarantee they all take it very seriously.

Thanks for the tip! Will check it out.

Â