PieFacE

Yeah we'd get the same level of coverage, we'd get different coverage... They'd be sharpening their knives waiting for us to fail but then I think that's true of arsenal 2 or 3 years back too, we'd have the rags chipping away at us trying to spread doubt and negativity

This arsenal is different, the media seems to be behind them and enjoying it

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So we would get ignored then ?

Come on now...

I didn't say we would get ignored. But there is no way we would get the same coverage, just like we didn't in 81 or 82. My initial point was that the media went into overdrive for them beating Man United, wheras we beat them even more convincingly, after a 27 year wait, and got nothing of the sort. 

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

So we would get ignored then ?

Come on now...

until about ten weeks before Leicester won the title it was all that Leicester have done well but its a Spurs/City title race

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

The older generation of Arsenal fans are always class. The “wideboy” younger generation aren’t. 

Strongly suspect the older generation were exactly the same when they were young men. It's just how Londoners are as young men IME. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

until about ten weeks before Leicester won the title it was all that Leicester have done well but its a Spurs/City title race

No-one thought differently.

The obsession over the media is **** weird.

• Like 1

On 24/01/2023 at 02:58, Demitri_C said:

Think your getting confused with spurs fans

Arsenal fans are no where near as bad are spurs and chelsea fans. Throw in there london mancs too

I have a couple of good mates who are Arsenal fans who are wonderful. I'm basing most of my opinion on going out to an event for the FA Cup final and having the Arsenal supporters, who greatly outnumbered us, treating the small cohort of Villa fans like absolute shit. It was to the point where my mate didn't really celebrate their win and was very apologetic. Not being league relevant for a decade and falling behind has made them quite bitter IMO. 

There aren't enough Spurs fans in Adelaide for me to form an opinion on them. 

Yeah I'm the same, arsenal fans I know personally are absolutely sound

My experience of arsenal fans at the FA Cup final was they're a bunch of words removed, they / we caused as much trouble as I've seen at Wembley and I left in the 80th minute, loads of them outside, fair few gobbing off and getting a slap

• 4 weeks later...
Â