PieFacE

2 hours ago, LondonLax said:

I don’t think they will do anything. It sounds like the investigation has finished and he wasn’t charged. He joined them on the USA tour late but played in their latest friendlies. 

One allegation was dropped (the one who went online yesterday), but two other allegations remain.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jul/28/premier-league-footballer-has-one-allegation-dropped-by-met-police-bail-extended

• Thanks 1

Well it’s all over social media today - the women who was ‘allegedly’ raped has posted on Twitter all about her being raped.  

Names, screenshots, what the sexual assault/rape entailed, WhatsApp messages from the guy afterwards saying “so what’s wrong” and “no I don’t need to wake you”.

Shes also posted conversations with her lawyers, including details of the civil case she won against him, the NDA she signed to not to report it on social media (she’s obviously broken that NDA now), and what she reported to the police, the FA, Arsenal FC, etc.  

Also why the police have dropped the case, and why Arsenal are washing their hands of it and not suspending the player.

Not linking or saying names here as even though it’s everywhere in the public domain now, not sure whether it’s still counted as rumour or confidential due to the NDA.

Just look at Reddit or Twitter and you should find the posts pretty easily.

Edited by ender4

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I feel like I have read this before in pre season and then come Friday night Palace 2-0 Arsenal 

Same as last season when they went away to Brentford and just weren't up for it 

They're a funny team, they'll comfortably be top 6 but don't think they'll step up unless Chelsea have a very bad year 

But it does say something when these are considered the worst of the sky 6

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Same as last season when they went away to Brentford and just weren't up for it 

They're a funny team, they'll comfortably be top 6 but don't think they'll step up unless Chelsea have a very bad year 

But it does say something when these are considered the worst of the sky 6

I think Chelsea and United are in a shitter position than Arsenal starting the season, Chelsea are a huge shitshow at the moment and United are what Arsenal 7/8 years ago, still havent reached the denial stage

Arsenal of the 3 have by far the poorest manager so that will cost them points I feel

Villa get a mention here, perhaps unsurprisingly considering: https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/aug/04/all-or-nothing-arsenal-review-mikel-arteta-is-like-a-supply-teacher-out-of-his-depth?CMP=twt_a-culture_b-gdnculture

Time was, Arsenal had it all: they were undefeated in the 2003-4 season; they were fixtures in the money-spinning Champions League. Now, they struggle to get into the Europa League. It’s as if they were (no offence) Aston Villa or Everton, rather than capable of joining the globally successful sporting brands in All or Nothing’s TV super league.

21 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Always glad to get a mention preceded by the words 'no offence' :(

• Sad 1

Arteta has actually done a decent job. I've lambasted him but he's got rid of some shite and built a decent young squad that can keep kicking on.

Though he has been given time and money.

Be interesting to see what Saliba does.

If Arsenal don't win a trophy though, or go deep In Europe and get top 4 he'll be under huge pressure. Rightly or wrongly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Arteta has actually done a decent job. I've lambasted him but he's got rid of some shite and built a decent young squad that can keep kicking on.

Though he has been given time and money.

Be interesting to see what Saliba does.

If Arsenal don't win a trophy though, or go deep In Europe and get top 4 he'll be under huge pressure. Rightly or wrongly.

Rightly I would say.

He has done well, but mini-Pep has been backed to £250m+ already, and I’m sure it will be higher than that by the end of the window.

The pressure should very much be on him. Some on here will give Gerrard 10 games to prove he’s good enough this season, so there’s no reason why Arteta shouldn’t be under huge pressure.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 3

Â