PieFacE

Their midfield is good I think, Odegard was picking up pockets of space all the time, Partey does the hard work but isn’t too bad on the ball. Out wide they are dangerous. I’d say they need a top quality goal scorer if they are going to win anything 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Their midfield is good I think, Odegard was picking up pockets of space all the time, Partey does the hard work but isn’t too bad on the ball. Out wide they are dangerous. I’d say they need a top quality goal scorer if they are going to win anything 

Lacazette was shocking except for crying to the ref

Hard to believe he's only 30. Looks like he has heavy heavy legs. Good touch though and a much more intelligent player the past 6 months than I ever gave him credit for.

...but yes bad signing financially.  A few years they were seemingly in for him and the finances weren't right, then one year when nobody was interested and he wasn't that super hot property but had peaked as a good Ligue 1 goalscorer they dropped 50m on him. Was very strange.

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

What actually happened when he went completely flying onto the floor following Saka getting Mings booked for his fair challenge?

He was doing the proper Captain's role of basically crying to the ref whenever one of ours breathed on them and McGinn gave him a shove and he went flying.

Really think someone like Alex Isak would be a great pick up for them. Can hit double figures and linked up well previously with Odegaard in Spain and Arsenal could probably get him for 40m.

Feels better value than signing Calvert Lewin who they've also been linked with.

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I see Gerrard has triggered Arsenal fans by rightly calling out Saka. Diving, play acting little cheat. 

It was a pretty **** moronic take. Saka shouldn't complain about the physical side, because Gerrard has screws in his hips after 16 operations? Well maybe young players shouldn't be aspiring to have 16 operations.

45 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It was a pretty **** moronic take. Saka shouldn't complain about the physical side, because Gerrard has screws in his hips after 16 operations? Well maybe young players shouldn't be aspiring to have 16 operations.

Tbf I read it as him responding to the call that Saka wants more protecting from the refs. Dude had lots of protection already. It’s just laughable that he’s being targeted. Arsenal fans and players love to play victims. 

I never understood this 'protecting players' take. 

There are rules of the game - it shouldn't matter if your name is Ruben Dias, Bednarek, Saka or Grealish. The rules are the same. It's a foul or it isn't. 

If you are an attacking player, it's only logical you will face tougher treatment as you will go against the best defenders in the country.

As long as rules are followed, no player should get 'protection' whatever that means. 

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Saka was fouled just 3 times - one of which wasn’t even a foul. It’s disgraceful how he tried to con the ref multiple times to get Mings or others booked. 

Even the free kick they scored from I have seen them not given

On 21/03/2022 at 10:20, The_Steve said:

I see Gerrard has triggered Arsenal fans by rightly calling out Saka. Diving, play acting little cheat. 

Thought that Smith-Rowe t*** was worse...

Heard an Arse fan on the radio today bemoaning their misfortune over the last few years because they have been awful and it was about time they were back!!!

I was thinking what planet are they on?

10 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Thought that Smith-Rowe t*** was worse...

Heard an Arse fan on the radio today bemoaning their misfortune over the last few years because they have been awful and it was about time they were back!!!

I was thinking what planet are they on?

ESR was pathetic too. I hate how they can continue to bully refs. 

On 20/03/2022 at 13:15, villa4europe said:

He's out of contract this summer isn't he? Be surprised if he stayed 

Something like £56m and North of £200k a week, he was what went wrong at arsenal

Lacazette was linked to Villa as well a couple of months ago. What a death sentence that would be.

Lacazette has been playing really well for them, linking their front line together.

I don't see any talk of a new contract for him though, they'll need to spend big to get a first choice forward in.

Â