PieFacE

2 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

And, by extension, that Pep is clearly a fantastic coach over and above having only managed teams with high budgets. Would certainly seem that Arteta's long apprenticeship under Pep has paid off dividends

Kompany ain't doing to bad at Burnley either. Turned the team round to play possession based attacking football, from Dyche ball.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

had a 60m bid rejected for Mudryk.

Mudryk was close to signing for Brentford on deadline day. Gakpo was close to signing for Southampton.

Villa should be looking to get the next Gakpo and Mudryk now before the top 6 clubs come in for them in the summer 

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/12/2022 at 18:53, icouldtelltheworld said:

And, by extension, that Pep is clearly a fantastic coach over and above having only managed teams with high budgets. Would certainly seem that Arteta's long apprenticeship under Pep has paid off dividends

I always thought that if I win the euro millions and buy a lower league club I’d trowel through every coach that has worked under them until one of them wants to join me

Not a bad season, still seems like anybody could beat anybody. I mean I wouldn't bet on Arsenal beating us, or say Arsenal beating Brighton. Man U look the best team at the moment it kills me to say, Rashford on fire. Arsenals challenge is still ahead, even though they are winning, they never really look in control.

17 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Not a bad season, still seems like anybody could beat anybody. I mean I wouldn't bet on Arsenal beating us, or say Arsenal beating Brighton. Man U look the best team at the moment it kills me to say, Rashford on fire. Arsenals challenge is still ahead, even though they are winning, they never really look in control.

I thought they looked in total control myself.  The points total for this stage of the season is right up there. Their only problem I can see is that they have a great first team but dont have a great squad. 

Amazing to see in 54 games they have gone from bottom of the league after 3 losses in a row to clear at the top.  That Arteta is annoying but a bloody good manager.  They missed out on Buendia and ended up taking Odegaard for 25 mill instead. Great player . 

Â