PieFacE

Because its a team completely unsuited to Ancelotti. While a great guy is probably not better manager than Emery

1 league title albeit 2 Champs League(should have been 4) with one of great squads in modern history at Milan is underachievement 

Sam Allardyce

“I could come and work on Arsenal’s defence and make them better tomorrow, not a problem whatsoever. I’ve done it everywhere I’ve been. Newcastle, Blackburn, Bolton, West Ham Crystal Palace, Everton, I’ve done it all there." 

https://talksport.com/football/643572/arsenal-sam-allardyce-crisis-ljungberg/

to be fair as a long term appointment arteta is worth the gamble IMO wanted him at villa before bruce and smith, im sure everton fans want him there now

every new manager is a gamble but you look at arteta the player and think he's a fit to arsenal, you then look at him as pep's number 2 and think he's a fit to arsenal (its a big blow to pep IMO)

his problem is rising above the bullshit that's killing the club from the top (same discussion as what's happening with utd) but I don't think any manager will do more than paper over the cracks

FWIW Allardyce isn't wrong, he would improve their defence over night but that's not enough for a club like arsenal, they have season tickets north of £1k to sell, he would be a short term fix, out after 18 months

• Like 1

On 16/12/2019 at 13:24, villa4europe said:

to be fair as a long term appointment arteta is worth the gamble IMO wanted him at villa before bruce and smith, im sure everton fans want him there now

every new manager is a gamble but you look at arteta the player and think he's a fit to arsenal, you then look at him as pep's number 2 and think he's a fit to arsenal (its a big blow to pep IMO)

his problem is rising above the bullshit that's killing the club from the top (same discussion as what's happening with utd) but I don't think any manager will do more than paper over the cracks

FWIW Allardyce isn't wrong, he would improve their defence over night but that's not enough for a club like arsenal, they have season tickets north of £1k to sell, he would be a short term fix, out after 18 months

He won’t make it to next season. None of the players wanted Arteta

Aubameyang and Lacazette will down tools and demand to leave

Its got disaster written all over it, especially as the bulk of the squad said they don’t want him

Hillarious move from the owners

They're looking for the next big thing rather than realising they're a big club with an ambitious fan base and opportunity to finish in the top 4. Bringing in Arteta is the sort of move a bottom half premier league or top half championship club would pull. All the while Everton, of all clubs, are looking at an all time great like Ancelotti. I'd be pretty vexed if I were an Arsenal fan. 

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

They're looking for the next big thing rather than realising they're a big club with an ambitious fan base and opportunity to finish in the top 4. Bringing in Arteta is the sort of move a bottom half premier league or top half championship club would pull. All the while Everton, of all clubs, are looking at an all time great like Ancelotti. I'd be pretty vexed if I were an Arsenal fan. 

It reminds me of the time we appointed Garde. It’s a real “what the **** is going on here moment”

Interesting appointment. I can see it going well for him at Arsenal in all honesty. Needs a few transfer windows as their squad is pretty shocking tbh. Like Man United, they've been completely mismanaged.

Edited by PieFacE

On 21/12/2019 at 11:01, PieFacE said:

Interesting appointment. I can see it going well for him at Arsenal in all honesty. Needs a few transfer windows as their squad is pretty shocking tbh. Like Man United, they've been completely mismanaged.

It might, and it might not, but what can you possibly have seen to suggest it will go well for him? It’s a complete unknown entity.

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, sne said:

7 league games in now for Arteta and he's only managed to win 1.

Another draw today makes it 1 win, 5 draws and 1 loss. That's pretty dire.

They'll be looking for Villa in the fixture list

Â