PieFacE

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

All summer and best CB they can come up with is David Luiz. :lol:

I know they need a better CB than him, but in the world of £80m for Harry Maguire, David Luiz for £8m doesn't seem too bad to me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Ozil and Kolasinac wont be selected by Arsenal for security reasons. Seems lot more to that incident with the carjackers

Yeah it does seem odd. Wonder what has happened since?

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Just seen this

I'd wager a decent amount that one of them or both are 'involved' or 'associated' with something that they shouldn't be. If it were just kids on mopeds trying to rob them the other week then the threat wouldn't be continual to the point where they can't travel to Newcastle. I'd imagine there's some sort of involvement with the Albanian mafia, either an association with them gone wrong or an association with people that they really do not like.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

23 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'd wager a decent amount that one of them or both are 'involved' or 'associated' with something that they shouldn't be. If it were just kids on mopeds trying to rob them the other week then the threat wouldn't be continual to the point where they can't travel to Newcastle. I'd imagine there's some sort of involvement with the Albanian mafia, either an association with them gone wrong or an association with people that they really do not like.

I think definitely with Ozil he's always struck me as a dodgy character 

29 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Ozil and Kolasinac are childhood friends, could be something in that 

Arsenal stars Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac 'are under 24 hour guard' and will miss today's match after being targeted in London gang war by thugs who have told them: 'We'll rob you of everything' 

Security guards are stationed outside the north London homes of footballers Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac today, as the Arsenal pair remain under 24-hour watch after being caught up in a vicious gang war.

A North London gang has reportedly vowed to take 'everything they have' from the players, despite - or perhaps due to - warnings from a rival Eastern European mob that the pair are 'off limits'.

The gang feud began when the stars were targeted by car-jackers in north London last month.

They were ambushed by robbers as Ozil left his £3million home in a black Mercedes G-Class and chased through the mansion-lined streets of north London in a high-speed pursuit as attackers pelted the car with roof tiles to try and break the rear window.

Extraordinary security camera footage showed Kolasinac - nicknamed the Tank -  confronting and facing down the offenders as they approached the car.

According to reports angry Eastern European gangsters offended by the incident put out word that the footballers were not to be touched, but rival underworld figures then ramped up their threats, promising to take 'everything they have' from the pair.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7345419/amp/Arsenal-stars-Mesut-Ozil-Sead-Kolasinac-24-hour-guard.html

• 2 months later...

arsenal fan tv really is comedy gold

interesting from xhaka...not sure how i'd feel if that had been a villa player doing that. even when we played them he was jeered as he was subbed. he get shite from the fans every single game and apparently wasn't too bad yesterday. but still, not great from their club captain...not a good example for kids watching

32 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

arsenal fan tv really is comedy gold

interesting from xhaka...not sure how i'd feel if that had been a villa player doing that. even when we played them he was jeered as he was subbed. he get shite from the fans every single game and apparently wasn't too bad yesterday. but still, not great from their club captain...not a good example for kids watching

I think the Arsenal fans are unique.

I don't think other fans turn against their own players as fast as Arsenal fans.

Xhaka really is number 1 scapegoat for them and i can understand his frustration. Arsenal fans are only making things worse.

Just find it odd he's not only an automatic starter but their captain, guy is a very very average midfielder. Can hit some nice long passes at times but he's poor at actually tracking players (reminds me of Westwood in that respect).

Lucas Torrerria is much better yet he's barely started a league game this season.

I don’t know why he won’t pick Ozil. Ok he’s not a work horse but he has the skill to see and play a pass. Enery. Is doing a worse job than wenger. He has a great strike-force, arguably one of the best strikers in world football and wasting it. 

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

I don’t know why he won’t pick Ozil. Ok he’s not a work horse but he has the skill to see and play a pass. Enery. Is doing a worse job than wenger. He has a great strike-force, arguably one of the best strikers in world football and wasting it. 

as much as anything else he's taken out the teams number 1 scapegoat...

at least xhaka stepped up for him

would be interesting to see if they could entice jose, maybe not with that defence, and how the fans would then take to him, in their current state they'd be lucky to get him

Â