PieFacE

Their team is pretty mediocre. Lacazette is a good striker, but he is not in form at the moment. Remove Sanchez and Ozil from that team, and they struggle for top 10.

Cech is on the decline, but the defense in front of him definitely doesn't help. I have no idea why Barcelona ever wanted Bellerin. He is so inconsistent. He is like Kyle Walker, but without the ability to actually defend well. 

Then the midfield is crap. They lack a true DM. Xhaka at DM hasn't worked all season, and yet he continues to be their DM. Ramsey isn't a box to box mid. Wilshire is okay, but you can't expect him to get you far. 

Next season I can see them drop out of top 10 if Wenger leaves and they don't invest 100+ million into the club. 

I rate Kolasinic though. Not sure what happened with him lately. I did notice about a month ago, Wenger was starting Niles over him consistently which was really strange. 

Unless they win the EL it looks like it will be another year with no champions league football which will eat into all that money they have. I wonder how long they can last without CL football before they have to scale back spending and wages.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Unless they win the EL it looks like it will be another year with no champions league football which will eat into all that money they have. I wonder how long they can last without CL football before they have to scale back spending and wages.

From recollection, they're the best run team in the Premier League - so they'll likely be "fine".

13 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Their team is pretty mediocre. Lacazette is a good striker, but he is not in form at the moment. Remove Sanchez and Ozil from that team, and they struggle for top 10.

Cech is on the decline, but the defense in front of him definitely doesn't help. I have no idea why Barcelona ever wanted Bellerin. He is so inconsistent. He is like Kyle Walker, but without the ability to actually defend well. 

Then the midfield is crap. They lack a true DM. Xhaka at DM hasn't worked all season, and yet he continues to be their DM. Ramsey isn't a box to box mid. Wilshire is okay, but you can't expect him to get you far. 

Next season I can see them drop out of top 10 if Wenger leaves and they don't invest 100+ million into the club. 

I rate Kolasinic though. Not sure what happened with him lately. I did notice about a month ago, Wenger was starting Niles over him consistently which was really strange. 

TBH he has looked absolutely terrible this season. 

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

TBH he has looked absolutely terrible this season. 

In the 5 at the back formation, he was really good especially early on. I admit I haven't watched much Arsenal since October. 

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

You do know finishing pretty much anywhere in the premier league nets you about £67 billion thesedays? We need to get amongst it next season its a bloody must!

Im sure theyll be fine. Besides, even with money, they dont like to fritter it away on footballers. Much better off sitting in that account gaining all that interest

Kolasinaic got injured at West Brom. He's played in Germany all his career so probably not used to playing without a winter break.

This sort of thing has been threatening to happen to Arsenal for years now due to complacany at the top. Their team yesterday was terrible, it reminded me of how quickly we went from a very good 2010 team to a terrible 2012 team.

They need to be in for players like Perisic, Nabil Fekir, Mahrez imo. I'd also be trying to tempt Martial from Man. United if Alexis is going there. He needs to go somewhere where he'd be number one striker.

It's funny though looking at it. They're sixth in the league and still in the league cup and europa.....weren't Man. United in the same position at this stage last season. They won both cups and their season was lauded as nearly on a par as Chelsea.

I don't see that happening to Arsenal though. Europa league is much stronger this season, really couldn't see Arsenal beating Atletico Madrid over two legs. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2018 at 23:50, sne said:

Arsenal fans less than thrilled with Piers Morgan after his gift to Donald Trump :crylaugh:

DUe5FhaX4AAITuj.jpg

What a plonker.

Apparently its last seasons top. And lettering too. Which means Morgan had it made last season and has been sleeping in it ever since dreaming of handing it over to Trump. 

Makes it even better! 

Â