PieFacE

15 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

It is obvious Arsenal will struggle to mount a top 4 challenge let alone anything more but I think tank of their demise is being largely over done.

Yes they got walloped at Anfield, did anyone expect different? There isn't anything new in them not competing in a game like that away from home even if the manner of the defeat was a little more startling.

They will though have enough to blow a lot of  teams away, as they've always done, they will improve and they will go on extended runs of form.

So I think, unless there is major unrest in the dressing room or the fans really turn they will still be above the likes of Everton come May.

There was something in the manner of that defeat which suggested something a little more terminal IMO. I've never seen Wenger look so dejected after a game and I do not think I've seen Arsenal just show up and look utterly dejected and lacking in motivation from the first whistle (when they collapse it tends to be after the first goal or two). 

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

There was something in the manner of that defeat which suggested something a little more terminal IMO. I've never seen Wenger look so dejected after a game and I do not think I've seen Arsenal just show up and look utterly dejected and lacking in motivation from the first whistle (when they collapse it tends to be after the first goal or two). 

xMKOr.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I don't disagree but this isn't even the first time this has happened to them at Liverpool. 

I agree it's terminal in terms of Wenger, Ive been arguing with Arsenal supporting friends that he needed to go for 8 years. Things will only get worse under him as they've been doing for years gradually.

But in the short term, they will rally, they will win games and they will put this behind them and have too much for many of the weak sides in the league.

That doesn't mean they aren't in terminal decline under him though, they absolutely are.

Wouldn't Wenger be in danger if they had another season without champions league?

Even silent Stan would notice the drop in income from another year out.

Don't think it will be long into the season before they're taking the europa league very seriously.

In the past Arsenal would’ve got away with selling Sanchez and not replacing him until the next window as Wenger always had the excuse “the player to improve this squad isn’t available this window.” No chance could they get away with it this window. 

Their team really isn't that bad, but they have some big holes. They do no have a consistent DM. Elneny and Coquelin are their DMs, but haven't been good recently. They also are missing a good center back partner for Koscielny. Holding is still young, Mertesacker is basically retired, and Mustafi has been bad. 

I'm not even daring to dream that this could be every bit the car cash it's looking like at the moment.  I know it was beginning to unravel last season after years of doldrums (FA Cup aside), but everything on and off the pitch now absolutely stinks.  It's wonderful.

• 3 weeks later...
On 02/09/2017 at 08:44, Genie said:

Sanchez to leave for £20-£25m in January is my prediction.

At least he won't be CL cup tied. 

Reported this morning he (his agent) is asking for £25m signing on fee for anyone wanting to sign him in January. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Deeney has ripped them to shreds on BT Sport. Called them out for having no balls

He's right. 

Bunch of spineless shits. 

I see Wenger is slamming the officials again - standard tactic when they don't win. 

Should have binned Ozil and Sanchez in the summer. 

• 1 month later...

Preparing for life after Wenger.

First they sign Dortmund superscout Sven Mislintat and now apparently close to signing another Dortmund profile Michael Zorc for the Director of football role.

Doing o.k so far I think.

Have plenty of winnable fixtures coming up before the new year.

Winning the league is obviously unrealistic for them (as it is for everyone else really who aren't called Man. City) but think they're managing both competitions well.

Â