Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

5 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I love this guy, he is just great.

Key player in this team and to have traded him with someone that didn't give a shit has to be one of the great bits of business pulled off for some time.

Prince Albert of Aston.

Since we traded Baros for John Carew

• Like 1

A reminder that this season I was considering moving my season ticket because the people that sat next to me were the most miserable, negative bunch of words removed I've ever encountered.

Thankfully this season they didn't renew their season ticket. They do, however, occasionally attend a game and use the same seats (they're always free).

Yesterday was one of those games. And Adomah is one of the players they hate.

So Adomah goes down injured in the first half, and one of these guys next to me goes absolutely mental. Like he was apoplectic. If anyone sits near the rear of K7 you would have heard him.

"GET HIM OFF! GET HIM OFF! GET THE LAZY word removed OFF! HE'S INJURED! GET HIM OFF! GET HIM OFF! BRUCE YOU LAZY FAT word removed. HURRY UP! SUB HIM! GET HIM OFF! HE'S FINISHED! GET THE word removed OFF! GET HIM OFF! GET HIM OFF! GET HIM OFF!"

He was going purple. His voice was breaking because he was shouting so loud. Everyone around him was laughing. Normally at first, then it turned into nervous laughter because it was genuinely disturbing. Like we weren't really sure if he was aiming this to Adomah, because the stuation was one you see all the time. The player is injured, physio comes on and assesses him and then they make a call as to whether he can continue. But this guy had obviously decided (wrongly, obviously) that Adomah was done.

I don't know what is wrong with these guys. They've always had a problem with Adomah. It's really weird.

On the plus side when Adomah scored this guy got dog's abuse. People shouting "Get him off!" in his face. The stupid word removed.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

A reminder that this season I was considering moving my season ticket because the people that sat next to me were the most miserable, negative bunch of words removed I've ever encountered.

Thankfully this season they didn't renew their season ticket. They do, however, occasionally attend a game and use the same seats (they're always free).

So Adomah goes down injured in the first half, and one of these guys next to me goes absolutely mental. Like he was apoplectic. If anyone sits near the rear of K7 you would have heard him.

"GET HIM OFF! GET HIM OFF! GET THE LAZY word removed OFF! HE'S INJURED! GET HIM OFF! GET HIM OFF! BRUCE YOU LAZY FAT word removed. HURRY UP! SUB HIM! GET HIM OFF! HE'S FINISHED! GET THE word removed OFF! GET HIM OFF! GET HIM OFF! GET HIM OFF!"

He was going purple. His voice was breaking because he was shouting so loud. Everyone around him was laughing. Normally at first, then it turned into nervous laughter because it was genuinely disturbing. Like we weren't really sure if he was aiming this to Adomah, because the stuation was one you see all the time. The player is injured, physio comes on and assesses him and then they make a call as to whether he can continue. But this guy had obviously decided (wrongly, obviously) that Adomah was done.

I don't know what is wrong with these guys. They've always had a problem with Adomah. It's really weird.

On the plus side when Adomah scored this guy got dog's abuse. People shouting "Get him off!" in his face. The stupid word removed.

Change your seat

Just going off the stats at transfermarkt for a moment. Last year he equaled his best assist return of 11 while setting himself a record for most league assists in a season (1 at Bristol City in 2010/11 was in the league cup).

This season he has scored more goals than in any other, 12 in the league at 'boro in 2013/14 being his previous personal best. 13 in the league and one in the league cup so far this season. And 5 assists.

Go Albert.

13 goals from midfield this season which makes him third highest scorer in the division. Pretty phenomenal in my opinion, considering that some people think he's actually not that good. Given that he's still scoring, I'd say he's pretty damn good.

I think having Grealish back in the side gives him a bit more freedom as we saw yesterday. What a lovely finish as well, absolute precision - could have quite easily gone wide.

1 hour ago, Khizzy said:

What a lovely finish as well, absolute precision - could have quite easily gone wide.

From my view in K5 of the Upper Holte, I was convinced Albert's shot was going wide, outside of the post at best, so I wasn't expecting to be going mental just a second later! Such perfect placement to hit the post and go in as Stockdale would have got fingers to a shot just a couple of inches closer to him. Precision not power from Uncle Albert.

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Sorry Steve, I'll stop from now on! 

*obviously i'm joking, as I don't even go anymore* :D

• Like 1

Â