Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

42 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

No it is not horseshit at all. Watch the game. Watch Hogan running and getting nothing. Watch thr fullbacks come up to support him and get nothing. Watch how many times he loses the ball when we could just recycle the play. Watch how many times he takes a shot when he could easily play someone in and get it back. We don't score goals and we don't create chances from open play because we don't move the **** ball in the final third. It is so easy to defend against.

I did watch the game (sadly) and I didn't see all these great runs. I saw hogan running next to or towards defenders a fair bit - not his fault as he didn't have much support, but if a pass ain't on, it ain't on. But whatever, let's get on his back and drive him out of the club, there are plenty more strikers we can buy and shout abuse at after all. 

• Like 1

Not directed at you specifically Rodders by the way. Just being surrounded by idiots who seem to go to the match purely to shout abuse at our own players is taking its toll. Starting to consider not bothering next season for the first time in god knows how long. The fans are the one constant at this club over the last couple of years, and as a unit we seem to be a massively negative influence on the club. 

• Like 1

I think hes better suited to a wide position in a 433. Doesnt appear to have the ability to be a striker and hold up the play. Hes better running at players. Hogan through the middle Kodja and Adomah/Green outwide is the way to go. Think we will fail if we switch to a 442. 

• Like 1

On 2/12/2017 at 12:26, blunther said:

Not directed at you specifically Rodders by the way. Just being surrounded by idiots who seem to go to the match purely to shout abuse at our own players is taking its toll. Starting to consider not bothering next season for the first time in god knows how long. The fans are the one constant at this club over the last couple of years, and as a unit we seem to be a massively negative influence on the club. 

I do hate that any pass that isn't forward is constantly groaned at. It doesn't help and if players played it forward all the time we'd end up with about 30% possession and get hammered every week.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I do hate that any pass that isn't forward is constantly groaned at. It doesn't help and if players played it forward all the time we'd end up with about 30% possession and get hammered every week.

It's been like that for years.

It's **** moronic to be honest. Drives me mad at the games.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It's been like that for years.

It's **** moronic to be honest. Drives me mad at the games.

It's one reason I moved out of the Holte. Atmosphere can be cracking at times, but it's been negative for too long and it just makes me uncomfortable hearing the abuse all the time. It got to the point where I was going to end up saying something to someone and I'd just rather not. 

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

It's one reason I moved out of the Holte. Atmosphere can be cracking at times, but it's been negative for too long and it just makes me uncomfortable hearing the abuse all the time. It got to the point where I was going to end up saying something to someone and I'd just rather not. 

Yep, It's my first season as a ST holder and I'm already pondering moving out of the Holte for next season.

Even when we were winning it was **** depressing because the people around me are so negative.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, It's my first season as a ST holder and I'm already pondering moving out of the Holte for next season.

Even when we were winning it was **** depressing because the people around me are so negative.

Join my in the Doug Ellis and have the lads talking about Jamie Oliver's cooking programme and arriving 10 minutes after kick off and leaving 20 minutes before full time.

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Join my in the Doug Ellis and have the lads talking about Jamie Oliver's cooking programme and arriving 10 minutes after kick off and leaving 20 minutes before full time.

Did they communicate that using body language? Because I was sat in the Upper Doug and it was so quiet, I could have sworn no one so much as said a word. 

I joined in a chant at one point, you should have seen the looks I got. 

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not that I'm sat in the holte or even a ST holder but you can't believe that negative opinions at this stage are wrong.

Whether you like to hear opinions that are negative or not, I don't believe that you genuinely feel there is much, if anything to be positive about.

I mean, about the only positive this season as it stands in the grand scheme of things, is that we're not in a relegation battle...... not that I would consider that a positive really.

8 hours ago, Woodytom said:

Not that I'm sat in the holte or even a ST holder but you can't believe that negative opinions at this stage are wrong.

Whether you like to hear opinions that are negative or not, I don't believe that you genuinely feel there is much, if anything to be positive about.

I mean, about the only positive this season as it stands in the grand scheme of things, is that we're not in a relegation battle...... not that I would consider that a positive really.

I haven't said anything is right or wrong.

What I've said is being sat next to a group of blokes who spend 90 minutes shouting and moaning about every single kick of the ball is really **** annoying.

Edited by Stevo985

19 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It might seem excessive but can you honestly blame them?

7 years and counting pretty much of absolute tripe week after week.

• Like 1

Â