Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

We are a better team without him especially without this seasons version of him. Remarkable thing to say given how much he carried us last season.

And also you might argue, a plus point for the manager from moving us away from relying on him too much. 

Let me guess, back to being shit and surplus to requirements?

Whether we are better with or without a fit and on form Jonathan Kodjia is still complete speculation. That said if he was miraculously match fit tomorrow would I start him on Tuesday? No. But I'd love to have him on the bench. It'll take care of itself from there. 

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Seems that way but kodjia can produce the moment of quality out of nothing. We don't have many of those. I really do suspect kodjia has not been 100% hence why he has been average to poor

Exactly the type you need coming off the bench to run a defense ragged and break a stalemate.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Let me guess, back to being shit and surplus to requirements?

Whether we are better with or without a fit and on form Jonathan Kodjia is still complete speculation. That said if he was miraculously match fit tomorrow would I start him on Tuesday? No. But I'd love to have him on the bench. It'll take care of itself from there. 

I would.

He has struggled to get his sharpness and fitness back since injury, but a fit and firing Kodjia could be the difference between promotion and failure. We can't rely on Adomah for all our goals either and whilst playing superbly Davis isn't yet scoring prolifically, neither is Snodgrass.

Hogan, RHM, Gabby are unlikely to fill the void either.

We currently look better without him, but i still think we will need him over the coming months.

13 hours ago, omariqy said:

I've heard a few people say now that he might actually miss most of the season. 

What ever your opinions on his role missing kodge for this amount of time is bad news for a promotion push!

Â