Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

16 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Really?

2.1 points per game with and 1.5 points per game without shows we perform a bit better with him in the team but "a greater reliance by a manager on any player? 

Seems a bit over the top to me.

After 46 games it would be 96 points against 69 points. Or to put it differently its a 29% improvement. Im really sorry, but that's more than a bit better ole chum. 

I'd quite conservatively say that anyway you look at it's a massive improvement. 

And I'm not talking through rose coloured lenses as I'm not the biggest fan of the Codj but I do respect what he brings to the team.

Whether he does anything or not in the game, it has become irrelevant. He has built a reputation that's precedes him sufficiently that every opposition team will focus on him somewhat more than he may deserve on current form. His X-factor demands respect. 

Helps the rest of our team get the ball in the net

PS. I still wish he would pass the ball!

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

After 46 games it would be 96 points against 69 points. Or to put it differently its a 29% improvement. Im really sorry, but that's more than a bit better ole chum. 

I'd quite conservatively say that anyway you look at it's a massive improvement. 

And I'm not talking through rose coloured lenses as I'm not the biggest fan of the Codj but I do respect what he brings to the team.

Whether he does anything or not in the game, it has become irrelevant. He has built a reputation that's precedes him sufficiently that every opposition team will focus on him somewhat more than he may deserve on current form. His X-factor demands respect. 

Helps the rest of our team get the ball in the net

PS. I still wish he would pass the ball!

And it's 1.1 PPG NOT 1.5 !

In the Championship, we have never averaged more than 1.125 PPG without Kodjia, this season or last, before or after the appointment of Steve Bruce. See my previous post.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

And it's 1.1 PPG NOT 1.5 !

In the Championship, we have never averaged more than 1.125 PPG without Kodjia, this season or last, before or after the appointment of Steve Bruce. See my previous post.

Well I was going on what @VILLAMARV wrote. He said without JK we have won 9 points from 7 games. Now, thats about 1.3 points per game. As I pointed out earlier, the 1.5 was a miscalculation so nothing to get heated up about.

No one is saying Kodjia is a bad player, so you're all point scoring for no reason.

What others, such as I am saying, is that if he played the ball quicker, squared the ball for a certain goal on a couple of occasions, he'd be even better

We're definitely better with him in the side, but if he could just pass the ball, when the ball is on, we'd be even better.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, terrytini said:

Thanks for saving me the trouble @fightoffyour.

:)

@One For The Road - I think using the stats I used would make sense when referring to my post ?

And the difference over a season is huge.

But I agree, there will doubtless be other cases of greater reliance ( which is partly why I said “ I can think of”).

I shall rephrase it to saying “ very very very very reliant on this player “ ?

:)

I didnt notice that you had not used the same stats as the poster before. There was only ne digit different in the stats so I hadnt picked it up.

I'm not scoring any points and haven't even offered an opinion yet. I've simply checked the stats, crunched the maths and shit the facts.

Here is my opinion now: looking at the stats, it is irrefutable that we are a better team with Kodjia than without. However, watching him play leads me to believe that we could perform even better with him were he to become more of a team player - though at his age and coming back from various injuries, thus looking to impress quickly, I can't see this happening any time soon (if ever). If a manager/captain had the guts to drop/bollock him for being greedy (and this is genuinely not meant as a criticism of Bruce/Terry) then perhaps he could learn to pass more.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I'm not scoring any points and haven't even offered an opinion yet. I've simply checked the stats, crunched the maths and shit the facts.

Here is my opinion now: looking at the stats, it is irrefutable that we are a better team with Kodjia than without. However, watching him play leads me to believe that we could perform even better with him were he to become more of a team player - though at his age and coming back from various injuries, thus looking to impress quickly, I can't see this happening any time soon (if ever). If a manager/captain had the guts to drop/bollock him for being greedy (and this is genuinely not meant as a criticism of Bruce/Terry) then perhaps he could learn to pass more.

Tricky one.

I think you will find that SB has already made his feelings known at the start of the season on this and has openly said we will be working on it.

now if he is true to his word, for some unknown reason it is still not working.

We as fans always assume that if we see a problem that it is always fixable at BMH.....sometimes no matter how much work is done on it, its what you get, unless you replace the player.

just as an example/analogy....In the world of darts, there is a phenomenon called "dartitis" you know when you have it but can't do anything about it....he could be similar  in football terms.

Edited by TRO

7 hours ago, omariqy said:

Bruce said he will be as he was keen to play for them. Think they have an important match.

Superb so he isnt fit enough to play for us yet he is fit enough to play for them, and risk injury :thumb:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Superb so he isnt fit enough to play for us yet he is fit enough to play for them, and risk injury :thumb:

I think it was more that the match is still a week away yet so Bruce thought that he would be fit by then. 

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Out for the forseeable future, just confirmed by Bruce.

Great. We're really gonna lose alot of ground these next few months arent we. 

Big pressure on the kid to deliver now

why, with what - did he get further injured playing for ivory coast ?

7 minutes ago, hippo said:

why, with what - did he get further injured playing for ivory coast ?

Yeah, done his ankle again apparently and its not looking good. Bruce said its very concerning. Ridiculous to even let him go away seeing as he wasnt right anyway. Know it was a big game for them but he was already injured now we suffer again. Mind numbingly Stupid on our part

• Like 1

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Yeah, done his ankle again apparently and its not looking good. Bruce said its very concerning. Ridiculous to even let him go away seeing as he wasnt right anyway. Know it was a big game for them but he was already injured now we suffer again. Mind numbingly Stupid on our part

What can you do if the players wants to go. 

Â