Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

On 29/10/2017 at 17:12, villarocker said:

JK's influence is more than people think. Are people seriously doubting the fans t we'd have faced a relegation battle withouthis goals last season? 

If we had to play every game with just 10 players we would certainly have been in trouble. If we had replaced Kodjia with a different striker then who knows, maybe we would have scored less, maybe more. We will never know.

On 10/29/2017 at 18:58, AVTuco said:

We'll be less dangerous if he's out. It's all fine to hope for Davis/Hogan combo, but we have no proof it'll work. I do have doubts though.

True, but in hindsight, we also had NO idea if Davis would work.

Under different circumstances he may well have never even been in conversation.

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

True, but in hindsight, we also had NO idea if Davis would work.

Under different circumstances he may well have never even been in conversation.

Yes, of course. What I meant was that don't expect too much from that combo either, like you said, we don't know. 

I know I'd rather have kept Kodjia in the line up.

12 minutes ago, Strangeways said:

The team were a joy to watch last night without this greedy lazy player. Hope he's a bench warmer going forward.

Hahaha he's far from lazy. Greedy yes but lazy come off it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strangeways said:

The team were a joy to watch last night without this greedy lazy player. Hope he's a bench warmer going forward.

I've been saying the same for over a year now, we always play better as a team when Kodjia is missing, and I'm still bummed we weren't able to develop a new, more collective angle in regard to our forward play last January when he was away on ACON. It was RMCs big chance to shine, but he couldn't be arsed.

He isn't lazy though.

19 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I've been saying the same for over a year now, we always play better as a team when Kodjia is missing, and I'm still bummed we weren't able to develop a new, more collective angle in regard to our forward play last January when he was away on ACON. It was RMCs big chance to shine, but he couldn't be arsed.

He isn't lazy though.

Do we?

The whole of last season and the start of this season would suggest that's not true. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Do we?

The whole of last season and the start of this season would suggest that's not true. 

Yes I believe so.

Without him in the side we are forced to actually play football in order to score goals, his individual brilliance not being there to save the day.

I should have perhaps mentioned, this isn't necessarily showing in the results, which I'm now assuming are far worse with him not involved. 

Sadly playing "better as a team", doesn't always mean winning more, but in the long run it should. 

Fwiw, I do think Kodjia can offer a lot to the team, apart from just goals. He is rather selfish though, there's no denying that.

That is just nonsense though, we may have evolved past the desperate need for Kodjia to play now but let's not rewrite history. Since Kodjia has arrived, we have for the most part been utterly adject whenever he has not featured,

Though, if we have come to the stage where we are not so relient on one player, then that is brilliant.

• Like 4

If we can get him to develop imto a team player then we would have a real player on our hands. Sadly, at his age, I think its unlikely. 

We look far more threatening as a team with Davis as the target man and as such, Id play Davis over Kodjia every day of the week. 

2 hours ago, vreitti said:

He isn't lazy though.

No we don't. We don't at all actually.

This is our results from last season when Bruce was in charge. In January we lost Kodjia to the African Cup of nations, and then he got injured and was unable to return to the team for a few weeks. As you can see in January and February, the months Kodjia was out of the team, our form fell off a cliff. When Kodjia came back to full fitness, we went on an amazing run and we actually believed we might get a playoff spot, but then Kodjia broke a bone, and you can see our form immediately again dropped. 

03dfb231c8e2283e8ae3d7b517c21d15.png

You can also say the same thing for this season. Look at our form for August when Kodjia was hurt. It was pretty poor.

Kodjia is an integral part of this team. We are lucky now that we have Davis who suits Bruce's playing style, but we need Kodjia if we have any chance at promotion. 

• Like 4

Just now, vreitti said:

I still don't want supporters thinking since Davis is working well with the team, we should be writing off Kodjia. Kodjia hasn't been able to find the net, but we need to back him. I really think the reason why Kodjia has been so selfish this season is because he feels the weight of our expectations on his shoulders and is desperately trying to do it all himself. 

Kodjia is a fantastic striker than can brush off defenders with ease. If he can work with the team, he is the best striker in the league. 

Just now, Czechlad said:

I still don't want supporters thinking since Davis is working well with the team, we should be writing off Kodjia. Kodjia hasn't been able to find the net, but we need to back him. I really think the reason why Kodjia has been so selfish this season is because he feels the weight of our expectations on his shoulders and is desperately trying to do it all himself. 

Kodjia is a fantastic striker than can brush off defenders with ease. If he can work with the team, he is the best striker in the league. 

100 % agree here. Although he was just as selfish last season too. He's absolutely instrumental to the way Bruce wants us to play, and there are certainly games where he's the first name on the team sheet.

He has however a tendency to slow things down, and needlessly take on opposition in areas where he can't really hurt them. We also become even more so predictable with him in the side, and with the emergence of Davis, we now have other possibilities to set up. I'm not saying we should, but there are viable options, that didn't exist this time last year. 

Â