Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Which is all anyone has ever said, but no - Kodjia is the perfect player, which is why he's 28 and playing in the Championship.

Didn't you know you can't improve after you're 25? 

Well that's not true. Guess if you say it enough people might buy into it though 

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

He's only saying what no one has said, don't worry about it. 

It's a hook, but the bait is shit. 

Really?

No one said we should sell him last year?

No one has said he doesn't pass?

No one has said we've been better off without him?

Someone hasn't read this thread or chooses to ignore certain things. 

Yes what a joke. Other teams have their players constantly pulling out of international squads when there isn't even anything wrong with them (how many of those England players will be fine to play tomorrow?) yet our most important player is on international duty when definitely not even fit. It's a joke and we have to be more insistent on this. We still pay their wages! 

22 minutes ago, striker said:

The loss of Kodjia is a blow alright but not as much as it would have been last season. Hasn't been the same since coming back from injury. I also feel Villa will play more as a team now without him if Bruce can get the setup right.

The loss of Hogan is only a blow in as much as its a loss of numbers rather than missing him for his ability. He's been awful since going to Villa.

It might be a godsend too as it may reduce Bruce's tinkering due to lack of options and concentrate his mind on playing the best players available to him just as it was at his previous clubs?

Very interesting post and nicely put.

On 08/11/2017 at 13:03, fightoffyour said:

I'm bored so I've gone through the stats:

Aston Villa with Jonathan Kodjia in 2016/17

52 points in 36 matches = 1.444 PPG (Points Per Game)

Aston Villa sans Jonathan Kodjia in 2016/17

10 points in 10 matches = 1.000 PPG

Aston Villa with Jonathan Kodjia in 2016/17 AB (After Bruce)

47 points in 30 matches = 1.567 PPG

Aston Villa sans Jonathan Kodjia in 2016/17 AB

5 points in 5 matches = 1.000 PPG

Aston Villa with Jonathan Kodjia in 2017/18

17 points in 8 matches = 2.125 PPG

Aston Villa sans Jonathan Kodjia in 2017/18

9 points in 8 matches = 1.125 PPG

Aston Villa with Jonathan Kodjia in the Championship 2016/17-2017/18 cummulative

69 points in 44 matches = 1.568 PPG

Aston Villa sans Jonathan Kodjia in the Championship 2016/17-2017/18 cummulative

19 points in 18 matches = 1.056 PPG

The stats make for grim reading. Time to turn those “looking better without him” performances into results or we can forget about even playoffs.

We need reinforcements and some of the youth to step up big time, which is quite a ridiculous position for “the best squad in the league” to end up in.

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Well, we rely too much on him so high time we evolved a way of playing/ winning without him, over to you Brucey.

The thing is a lot of teams really on their strikers, wolves with Bonita for example. But I get your point, the others need to contribute 

9 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

The stats make for grim reading. Time to turn those “looking better without him” performances into results or we can forget about even playoffs.

Looks like we did this today!  :thumb:

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'd say this season Davis has been more important than Kodija for the way we play. We must get cover for him. 

Kodija is most likely going to miss the rest of the season isn't he?

Surely an ankle injury isn't six months out; that's what I'd expect for a broken leg. 

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

We are a better team without him especially without this seasons version of him. Remarkable thing to say given how much he carried us last season.

Seems that way but kodjia can produce the moment of quality out of nothing. We don't have many of those. I really do suspect kodjia has not been 100% hence why he has been average to poor

Â