The Championship thread

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Sunderland are a threat if they go up. Massive club with Newcastle type potential. 

Highly unlikely now mate, looking at the permutations

Blackburn beat Luton then it means last game of season is a knockout match vs Millwall for the playoffs

Pretty much guarantees Coventry are in unless a huge goal difference switch

Luton's situation is so strange - they could be promoted with a capacity of 10,000 and need to spend £10m pretty much rebuilding one stand in three months in order to be allowed to play in the Premier League. They aren't far off breaking ground on building their new ground and the Premier league TV money would facilitate that - which would mean spending £10m this summer on something they'd be knocking down in three years time.

I'd have thought it would have made sense to move out to Milton Keynes or somewhere similar for the season, but I can understand why they'd want to play at their spiritual home - even if is completely unsuitable for top tier football.

We have three stands that each, individually, hold more people than their stadium as a whole  - good luck getting an away ticket if they come up!

29 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Luton's situation is so strange - they could be promoted with a capacity of 10,000 and need to spend £10m pretty much rebuilding one stand in three months in order to be allowed to play in the Premier League. They aren't far off breaking ground on building their new ground and the Premier league TV money would facilitate that - which would mean spending £10m this summer on something they'd be knocking down in three years time.

I'd have thought it would have made sense to move out to Milton Keynes or somewhere similar for the season, but I can understand why they'd want to play at their spiritual home - even if is completely unsuitable for top tier football.

We have three stands that each, individually, hold more people than their stadium as a whole  - good luck getting an away ticket if they come up!

Bournemouth capacity is just over 1000 more, did they have similar issues when they came up unless Lutons ground is in a really poor state

Both of them in the Premier League is going to bring the season average attendance down across the league especially if lose teams like Everton and Leeds

I'm guessing it's not capacity linked, also not accessibility linked as surely the PL and championship are both under building control so need the same number of toilets, fire exits etc

So then I'm thinking it's for goal line technology, cameras, VAR, gantries stuff like that

Anyone know what the rules are?

On 29/04/2023 at 18:21, Rds1983 said:

Plymouth Argyle back in the Championship for the first time in 13 year's. 

Good to see ipswich back in championship  they should nevee have been in league one. They are a big club

• Like 1

Guest av1

Looking at the league. The fan bases of the 2 north east clubs means potential investment, and Coventry are just scum. So I’m hoping Luton come up now to be honest. 

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

We are all sunderland fans.

I don't really like them since the way the petty Representatives for Wellingborough carried on over Bent. Long time ago, but they're such a bunch of miserable bitches. Don't mind Middlesbrough very much, Coventry belong in the 3rd tier so no thanks. 

Luton for me. Absolute shithole, but I'll have some whipping boys for the year please.

• Like 2

On 29/04/2023 at 15:55, maqroll said:

Sunderland are a threat if they go up. Massive club with Newcastle type potential. 

Yes, I think if they make it up this time, they'll not go back down for a while. But I'd prefer Coventry ... because the creative insults from Villa Talkers will be especially entertaining. A whole year of that to look forward to. It's hard to resist. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 1

i want Luton to get promoted, just for the lols.

Although i want Boro to get promoted for Archer & Ramsey.......

But the lols for Luton.........would be so worth it.

• Like 1

I think next season will be interesting in relegation fight

If Bournemouth and forest stay up ( well Bournemouth are anyway) you add burnley sheff utd and  aplay ofd winner. Those 5 alone look like 5 poor teams.

On 01/05/2023 at 18:08, Zatman said:

Bournemouth capacity is just over 1000 more, did they have similar issues when they came up unless Lutons ground is in a really poor state

Both of them in the Premier League is going to bring the season average attendance down across the league especially if lose teams like Everton and Leeds

it's to do with broadcasting rules i believe. the PL require that you need to be able to have cameras behind each goal...bournemouth were able to do that with minor alterations. luton's ground basically requires an entire stand to be built because of the current state of it

35 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think next season will be interesting in relegation fight

If Bournemouth and forest stay up ( well Bournemouth are anyway) you add burnley sheff utd and  aplay ofd winner. Those 5 alone look like 5 poor teams.

I think Burnley could be the Brentford for next season.

31 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I think Burnley could be the Brentford for next season.

I think they will be next seasons Norwich under Farke. People think play pretty football but will be smashed weekly

• Like 1

On 01/05/2023 at 17:36, OutByEaster? said:

10 mil is nothing, that doesn't even get you a decent player nowadays. If that ended up being the difference between Luton staying up at a shitty Kenilworth Road with all of its home advantages, when compared to a neutral bland ground, then it would pay off within one season. Plus they have been waiting for a new ground for 30 years I am sure the proposed timescales of the new one will bound to slip.

On 01/05/2023 at 21:30, Demitri_C said:

Good to see ipswich back in championship  they should nevee have been in league one. They are a big club

Ipswich can piss off the way they handled our loanees.

• Haha 1

Â