The Championship thread

TrentVilla

Blackpool attack: Football fan dies after post-match brawl at pub

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-64861231

A man has died after a fight between football fans outside a pub.

Blackpool FC said they were "deeply shocked and saddened" to learn that fan Tony Johnson had "tragically lost his life".

The 55-year-old had been found with a serious head injury outside The Manchester bar on the Promenade in Blackpool at about 19:00 GMT on Saturday, Lancashire Police said.

Supporters had clashed following the Blackpool v Burnley match.

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Can boro catch sheff utd? I think they might

Carricks doing a great job there.

Luton could as well. Rob Edwards doing really well there.  And its good cause it shows Watfords sack em mentality doesnt work longer term. 

• Like 1

Boro are like Forest last season, might not quite make top 2 but should win the play offs. Incredible they were at the bottom when Carrick took over.

I'd like to see them get top 2 as I think Sheffield United would really struggle to get up for play offs and so we could have a team we haven't seen in the prem for a while (hopefully West Brom or Norwich don't scrape into play offs on final day as either of those going up would be very boring indeed).

I would like to see Boro promoted just for Archer/Ramsey.

However, i would also love to see Luton promoted, just for the laughs.

thia is the entrance to one of Luton's stands..........can you imagine it!?

image.png.51864077e8ea646149a0fa25726c24c0.png

Rotherham v Cardiff called off at the start of the second half with Cardiff winning. Rotherham turned the sprinklers on at half time with rain and there are also videos of ground staff dragging water back onto the pitch rather than clearing it properly.

Game will now be replayed from the start, Cardiff not happy.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Rotherham v Cardiff called off at the start of the second half with Cardiff winning. Rotherham turned the sprinklers on at half time with rain and there are also videos of ground staff dragging water back onto the pitch rather than clearing it properly.

Game will now be replayed from the start, Cardiff not happy.

Rotherham should be made to forfeit if they’ve manipulated the pitch to get the game cancelled. 

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, useless said:

QPR look in serious trouble if it wasn't for Reading's point deduction they would be in the relegation zone.

12 points in 6 months they have managed. Mick Beale really screwed em over. And then Critchley. 13 goals in the same amount of time. 

• 3 weeks later...

At least Plymouth are a different club; the rest of the promotion hopefuls have a very familiar feel to them, though I suppose Bolton have been through it over the last few years so maybe I'll cheer for them in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

At least Plymouth are a different club; the rest of the promotion hopefuls have a very familiar feel to them, though I suppose Bolton have been through it over the last few years so maybe I'll cheer for them in the playoffs. 

Sheff Weds really did bottle automatic promotion, somehow lost to Forest Green and that let Ipswich back in.

Can see them getting done over two legs and Darren Moore getting sacked as they really should've won the league with the squad they have.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They were in the Championship from 2004 to 2010 with a few mid table finishes and then dropped to League Two, went into administration and weren't far off dropping out the football league at one point so nice to see them turn that around with a relatively young squad and manager.

Good sized stadium and great travelling support so hopefully can stay up.

• Like 3

Â