The Championship thread

TrentVilla

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The standard of the championship this year is abysmal. Its literally burnley and sheff utd vs everyone else

Despite it being so close between top and bottom… Small Heath are still near the bottom :crylaugh: 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

Unfortunately WBA looks like a good bet to get to PO since Bruce's departure. 

Not sure anyone would be a good bet at the moment, there are as many as nineteen teams that would consider themselves as still in with a chance at the halfway stage.

You'd have to be an idiot to even try and predict the Championship playoff places.

I'll go Watford, Blackburn, Middlesbrough and as a wildcard, Stoke.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Sheffield utd joining being owned by a billionaires club as nigerian billionaire dozy mmobuosi in a 90m takeover.

Seems a lot for them?

His son has been emailing me

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

It's just one win in sixteen now for QPR in the league, they overachieved at the start of the season so were always going to have a dip in form, that started when Beale was still the manager, but even allowing for that they were never going to keep their early season form up, they still should be doing better than they have been doing. Critchley might be in danger of losing his job.

51 minutes ago, useless said:

It's just one win in sixteen now for QPR in the league, they overachieved at the start of the season so were always going to have a dip in form, that started when Beale was still the manager, but even allowing for that they were never going to keep their early season form up, they still should be doing better than they have been doing. Critchley might be in danger of losing his job.

Nice Job for Deano

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

Be the 3rd ex Villa manager this season to take over at QPR 😛

Ha im sure QPR will be sick of ex villa coaches as managers 

Im tipping gerrard if he dont go leeds if his ego lets him drop a league (doubtful). I think deano would actually be a good appointment 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Ha im sure QPR will be sick of ex villa coaches as managers 

Im tipping gerrard if he dont go leeds if his ego lets him drop a league (doubtful). I think deano would actually be a good appointment 

Gerrard should drop to league 1 or 2 there’s no shame in it, Joey Barton is there not quite on Gerrard’s level but one could argue Mark Hughes at Bradford is.

• 3 weeks later...

Im amazed to see millwall in 5th. Imagine them in PL next season it would certainly be interesting. Rowetts doing a amazing job there. Still cant believe blose sacked him when they were 7th 😂

West ham vs millwall will be hell on earth as will millwall vs spurs/chelsea

Edited by Demitri_C

Fair dues, never been impressed with Viktor Gyökeres when I've watched him for Sweden or the U-21 but 17 goals and 6 assists in 35 is pretty impressive.

Â