The Championship thread

TrentVilla

Leeds lose.

Ipswich draw (tougher game).

Noone wants to come up.

Southampton 99th min winner to stay in touch.

Ipswich 89 PTS (43 played)

Leicester 88 PTS (42 played)

Leeds 87 PTS (43 played)

Southampton 81 PTS (41 played)

Southampton have Leeds and Leicester both away in the run in.

Going to be some finish...

20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Big advantage for Leicester is they still have three home games remaining. Win those and they'll be champions IMO. 

Only problem is they have forgotten how to win at the wrong time. 

Southampton beat Preston 3-0, they're only three points off Leeds now with a game in hand, and four points off Leicester with them to play. Would be some end to the season if Leeds and Leicester were to drop into the play-offs

8 hours ago, useless said:

Southampton beat Preston 3-0, they're only three points off Leeds now with a game in hand, and four points off Leicester with them to play. Would be some end to the season if Leeds and Leicester were to drop into the play-offs

They have Leicester and Leeds away in their last 4 games.

Could be fun 😁 

Plymouth Argyle travel to Stoke on Saturday for a relegation 6 pointer. Added spice to the match as Argyle's boss left them for Stoke just before Christmas. 

6 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Plymouth Argyle travel to Stoke on Saturday for a relegation 6 pointer. Added spice to the match as Argyle's boss left them for Stoke just before Christmas. 

Draw would be good 😐 

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

My Argyle supporting family would disagree. 

As a purist, I’d disagree! I’d much rather Plymouth won.

For a Blues relegation battle though…

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

IMG_20240420_115333.thumb.jpg.a57c9ce40c224c31e38a7acaf80bcdc1.jpg

That is the line up of a team that is bottling promotion, two ultra defensive midfielders as wing backs. Maybe Dewsbury Hall might swap with Ndidi which might make sense but it looks awful all the same.

Maresca somehow gets them up, they will do worse than Kompany and Burnley

18 hours ago, Zatman said:

Maresca somehow gets them up, they will do worse than Kompany and Burnley

"Somehow"?  They're top - 4 points ahead of 3rd with 3 games left.  

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

"Somehow"?  They're top - 4 points ahead of 3rd with 3 games left.  

I posted that before the game and had lost 6 of the last 10 games before then and were 2nd

They were 17 points ahead of Leeds at one stage and fans want him gone

• Thanks 1

What an unbelievable job Cifuentes and Rohl have done at QPR and Sheff Weds, for obvious reasons am sincerely hoping in the case of the latter, they finish the job next weekend.

Both teams looked dead and buried upon their arrivals and have generally only been on upward trajectories since, both seem fairly young too so maybe in store for good careers.

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

What an unbelievable job Cifuentes and Rohl have done at QPR and Sheff Weds, for obvious reasons am sincerely hoping in the case of the latter, they finish the job next weekend.

Both teams looked dead and buried upon their arrivals and have generally only been on upward trajectories since, both seem fairly young too so maybe in store for good careers.

Both were previously managed by English dinosaurs but I'm sure that lot will still be in arms at English coaches not being given a chance.

Â