The Championship thread

TrentVilla

4 hours ago, theboyangel said:

As we're going down I'd want west brom, Leeds and Fulham promoted as they're consistently competitive championship teams who would be serious challengers to promotion next season. 

The rest are much of a muchness. 

Yup

Brentford will probably have to sell a lot of players this summer so that will weaken then, for a while at least. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Xela said:

Yup

Brentford will probably have to sell a lot of players this summer so that will weaken then, for a while at least. 

I think Brentford are more threat than WBA,  Fulham or even Leeds.

On 12/07/2020 at 12:32, Xela said:

Yup

We don’t have to sell if we go up or stay in the championship most players are on long contracts but obviously if we get bids from PL clubs that meet our valuations then they will be sold.This will leave massive funds to bring in replacements Benrahma will be off wherever we end up as it looks like there are 3 PL clubs with him on their lists as he has convinced me since the turn of the year he is PL quality.Ah well the anxiety will be over for us over the next 2hours as if West Brom win tonight that’s it we will be in play offs and we don’t win them ever.

15 minutes ago, Brentfordnylons said:

We don’t have to sell if we go up or stay in the championship most players are on long contracts but obviously if we get bids from PL clubs that meet our valuations then they will be sold.This will leave massive funds to bring in replacements Benrahma will be off wherever we end up as it looks like there are 3 PL clubs with him on their lists as he has convinced me since the turn of the year he is PL quality.Ah well the anxiety will be over for us over the next 2hours as if West Brom win tonight that’s it we will be in play offs and we don’t win them ever.

I personally would love to see you go up, the games I have seen you play have been very enjoyable and since the re-start you have been on fire and are at least making the top 2 work for automatic promotion.

I can't see any of the current top four dropping any more points (excluding tonight's game between West Brom and Fulham) therefore if Fulham win tonight, you're up on GD. Congratulations ;) 

• Like 1

The way Hull has downed tools since January when they sold off Bowen and Grosicki is spectacular. 

While they are looking into betting concerning the Wigan owners they might want to check on some of the Hull players as well.

Since Jan 2nd they have 1 win 3 draws and 13 losses in 17 games, about to be 14 losses in 18

Edited by sne

2 hours ago, WakefieldVillan said:

I personally would love to see you go up, the games I have seen you play have been very enjoyable and since the re-start you have been on fire and are at least making the top 2 work for automatic promotion.

I can't see any of the current top four dropping any more points (excluding tonight's game between West Brom and Fulham) therefore if Fulham win tonight, you're up on GD. Congratulations ;) 

What have Albions results been since the restart?

Jeez the bottom of the Championship makes for interesting reading.  Hull about to be relegated and losing 7 - 0 at Half Time.  Huddersfield, Boro and Sturk all down there to and all very recently in the Premier League.  It's so easy for PL relegation to send a club into a spiral. 

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Really want Brentford to go up. Sick of being battered by them.

Our record against them was absolutely horrendous. IIRC they're the only team that were in the Championship for all three seasons that we were that we didn't manage to beat at least once.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Our record against them was absolutely horrendous. IIRC they're the only team that were in the Championship for all three seasons that we were that we didn't manage to beat at least once.

We beat them both at least once but we always seemed to struggle against Preston and QPR as well

Â