Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

Yep, like a lot of people were saying, he needs to be in there to do the dirty work and let Lansbury and whoever else is playing get forward more.

Win the ball, give it to Lansbury. Easy.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, like a lot of people were saying, he needs to be in there to do the dirty work and let Lansbury and whoever else is playing get forward more.

Win the ball, give it to Lansbury. Easy.

I think hourihane will benefit from playing with jedinak too - I look forward to tomorrow's game and the ideal boost would be an early villa goal  to get confidence flowing .

Whilst he had a good game (header near the end aside), I couldn't help but think he was part of the problem sitting so far back second half. With his experience and leadership he should be the one dragging the midfield 10 yards further forward, when the ball is cleared. I know it comes from the whole side, especially when low on confidence like we have been, but I'd like him to take some responsibility for it. 

19 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Whilst he had a good game (header near the end aside), I couldn't help but think he was part of the problem sitting so far back second half. With his experience and leadership he should be the one dragging the midfield 10 yards further forward, when the ball is cleared. I know it comes from the whole side, especially when low on confidence like we have been, but I'd like him to take some responsibility for it. 

I think he's the one player other than the back 4 who SHOULD be sitting back.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think he's the one player other than the back 4 who SHOULD be sitting back.

He should be sitting back, but for me after the he mark he was virtually part of the defence rather than holding the midfield infront of it. If he was was 10 yards further forward, Lansbury bacuna and the wingers could have been a further 10 ahead. Putting higher pressure on Derby, meaning we weren't camped on the edge of our box.

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think it should be the centre backs that should push us forward.....otherwise you leave gaps between them a Jed.

trouble is its easier said than done when we have been conceding so easily.

That clean sheet on Saturday will be a confidence booster for them and the 'Keeper.

The thing is when you move the whole team has to move in unison.....not just one section, other wise you leave dangerous gaps.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think it should be the centre backs that should push us forward.....otherwise you leave gaps between them a Jed.

trouble is its easier said than done when we have been conceding so easily.

That clean sheet on Saturday will be a confidence booster for them and the 'Keeper.

Was thinking about this when I saw one of Derbys CBs drive to pretty much the halfway line.

We are not aggressive enough in defense or attack.

Long standing issue too.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was thinking about this when I sae one of Derbys CBs drive to pretty much the halfway line.

We are not aggressive enough in defense or attack.

Long standing issue too.

I agree

Its just on the long list of things that are not right and haven't been for ages.

I also think we should move forward and back as one unit, not by department.

But hey!

I'm just saying things everyone knows including the coaching staff.

getting them to do it is a whole different ball game.

Edited by TRO

He makes the defence more solid and gives the freedom to the midfielders around him to get forward and create. He is the vital cog in our team and his all in commitment inspires those around him.

He hasn't always shown it here but tonight he was again the Jedinak I thought we were getting over the summer. If we can keep him fit and get 40 games out of him next season he will be the most important player in our promotion push.

• Like 1

He is the catalyst.....judge him by the effect he has on the team and how he galvanises the team.

not on his individual display......because that is misleading.

When he was getting absolutely slated by a fair few back at the beginning of the season, I did say that I stake my whole reputation (worth all of two cents) that he would be absolutely vital to us. 

We need him next season, I'm not sure in what capacity he will play, but he needs to be in the squad. Its imperative. He is the only beast we have.

• Like 3

He gives so much protection to the defence. He wins everything in the air as well. He was excellent last night.

I think it's exactly as a lot of people predicted too. We have midfielders in there now who can do the offensive passing for him. He's left to do what he's good at and doesn't have to force things.

• Like 2

Â