Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

Just now, striker said:

Would like to see Thor become Villa's DM until the end of the season rather than see Jedinak back.

Certainly not - jedinak could be the key to getting the best from Lansbury and hourihane .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

We desperately need Jedinak back to sit in front of the defence to release Lansbury to sit next to Hourihane. The balls Lansbury plays forward are great but he is being pre-occupied with the defensive side of the game.

Exactly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

We desperately need Jedinak back to sit in front of the defence to release Lansbury to sit next to Hourihane. The balls Lansbury plays forward are great but he is being pre-occupied with the defensive side of the game.

In the best of worlds yes.

But I fear under Bruce it might just as likely be just another body (with poorer passing) standing off and dropping deep, staring to the sky as balls from the defense is hoofed over his head, He might win few headers thou.

1 hour ago, Eastie said:

Certainly not - jedinak could be the key to getting the best from Lansbury and hourihane .

But on all known form he probably won't be. Jedinak's stock has actually increased on these pages  by being out of the team. Hysterical really. Anyone remember just how shit he's been for us ?

Edited by Johnnyp
error

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

But on all known form he probably won't be. Jedinak's stock has actually increased on these pages  by being out of the team. Hysterical really. Anyone remember just how shit he's been for us ?

I can tell you're new here. Every player's stock rises when they're out of the team. Another few weeks and people will be begging Bruce to put Bacuna back in. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Exactly and we're already defensive enough without him.

When a defensive midfield player wins the ball, because that's what they are essentially "ball winners" by definition, they turn defence in to attack.

they switch the offensive.

so to say we will more defensive, I refute that.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, striker said:

Exactly and we're already defensive enough without him.

The idea, though, is to have one extra-defensive midfielder who almost entirely concentrates on defence, thus freeing the other midfielders to be more attacking. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TRO said:

When a defensive midfield player wins the ball, because that's what they are essentially "ball winners" by definition, they turn defence in to attack.

they switch the offensive.

so to say we will more defensive, I refute that.

Normally they can also turn defence into attack by breaking up play and finding a team mate. Jedinak is woeful at that. In the games I've seen him play for Villa rarely have I seen him win tackles because he's blowing out his arse trying to catch the player first.

He does head the ball a lot though, normally to the oppo.

Awful footballer.

Edited by striker

5 minutes ago, striker said:

Normally they can also turn defence into attack by breaking up play and finding a team mate. Jedinak is woeful at that. In the games I've seen him play for Villa rarely have I seen him win tackles because he's blowing out his arse trying to catch the player first.

Awful footballer.

I did list (in my earlier post) some of his shortfalls, but that does not dismiss his influence he has on other players and how he protects them from pressure.....its a team we are missing.

you could pick out every player and find fault individually, you are not going to have the complete player at our level......On paper, always was ON PAPER.

He wins close on every header and to some degree the attacking midfielders have to capitalize and get on them.....but he has been missing and for me we miss him despite his iffy footwork.

Think it's fair to say we need another dm as lansbury is wasted as a cm. I am still confused what role bruce is having courihane play? He should be utilising him as a attacking cm but he seems to be playing him deep as well which I do not for the life of me understand as he was sensational at Barnsley in that role. 

Problem we are having is jedinak is our protection of the bck four. Without him we are struggling with the protection which means courihane and lansbury cannot play their preferred positions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, striker said:

Awful footballer.

How dare you ;)

kim-woodburn-1484751160.png

Sadly looking at being out for next 3 games at least according to Bruce today .

seems to have been put a lot of games this season - let's hope we change the stat that Jedi has been in every game we've won - we haven't won without him in the team and that needs to change now

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tinker said:

Hes crap on the floor anyway and with 3 central defenders I'm not sure we will, or should be missing his main strength, heading. Stick Gardner there or though it pains me to say it Bacuna.

You need someone who is is physically capable......errrrrrrrrrr.

Â