Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I think the fact we haven't won a game without him and I can't see where the next win comes from, will get him back in there when fit again. 

Is it right i heard the other day that we havent lost a game when hes played in the league? Didnt sound correct.. thought he played in the Leeds game. Either way i think were better with him in the team. 

Edited by KSV

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's pretty much the same thing.

I disagree.  Whereas it does offer  similar aerial defence from long balls it has a fundamental affect on the dynamic of the team imo.  By pushing that extra defencive player forward into midfield you free up one of the current midfielders to pressing higher up the pitch and offering another out ball.  

Also the dm role acts as more effective cover for full backs out of position as they aren't also responsible for martialing the cb's.   

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

It's not correct, but we're so much better with him in the side.

With Jedinak
Won 7, drew 8, lost 5. - 1.45 points per game. 

Without Jedinak
Won 1, drew 4, lost 5 - 0.7 points per game.

The win without him was against lowly Rotherham early in the season. So I do think we really, really need him in the side.

Wasn't that win over Rotherham before he even signed for us , so can't really be counted as he wasn't a villa player at the time.

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 2

Interestingly, in 2 of the 7 games won "with Jedinak", Jedinak wasn't on the pitch when we scored our winners (1-0 vs. Fulham [subbed for McCormack 73rd min, Kodjia scored in 80th] and 2-1 vs. Burton [subbed for Ayew 75th min, McCormack scored 78th]) and against Leeds he was subbed off before we equalised.

• Like 2

On 2/5/2017 at 20:48, Eastie said:

Quite some stat that is - every game we've won jedinak has played in .

Very,Very Interesting.

It does not surprise me at all.

I think the aerial balls that Jedinak has been dealing with has been underestimated.....provided they get to our man, they actually start attacks.

Edited by TRO

May explain why his form dipped after it picked up when Bruce came.

Socceroos manager Postecoglou said Jedinak attempted to play through the injury to help out his embattled club.

"I watched him play around Christmas and you could tell he wasn't moving freely but Mile's the type who'll keep playing. They realised and he realised he couldn't go on like that," he said.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The stats point that he has been a good player for us. I can't remember him doing anything well though, and seems to no pace.

Still when fit we can't be picky and he needs to be back in.

I remember one of the early games where he won almost every header in the middle of the park and broke up play well.

Form dropped for a while though, and in accordance with the team.

However the post above indicating he was playing with an injury could explain alot.

Really hope he's back on Monday. 

Not saying he's the key to us getting out of this mess but we clearly miss his presence in midfield. You'd hope with him in front of the back 4 then Lansbury and Hourihane ahead of him it should form a nice midfield. 

28 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Really hope he's back on Monday. 

Not saying he's the key to us getting out of this mess but we clearly miss his presence in midfield. You'd hope with him in front of the back 4 then Lansbury and Hourihane ahead of him it should form a nice midfield. 

And have 1 up top or one of either Adomah or Grealish as the floater?

Â