Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Is nobody else concerned that 3 out of every 10 of his passes go to the opposition? Or am I alone in worrying about that?

It seems that about 3 out of 10 of us are concerned.  You, me, and some other guy 

• Like 1

At 6ft2 he would add a physical and aerial presence in the middle of the park that we still need.

If there was one criticism yesterday its that too many times headers were initially won by Elphick or Chester, only for the second ball in the middle of the pitch to be then won by Rotherham, who would just outmuscle Tshibola or Westwood giving them possession 35 to 40 yards out from our goal and room to run - we were forced to concede quite a few free kicks in that area.

The better teams in this league could take advantage of that, but Jedinak would go a long way to solving the potential issue.

• Like 1

If the guy is good enough to captain Australia and, in my opinion, still good enough to play in the Premier League then he's easily good enough to play in our lacklustre centre midfield in the Championship, no doubt about it.

He'll provide us with leadership in the centre of the park and physicality, two things we've needed for years now. Hope it comes off.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 2

If nothing else, the aussie mentality to playing sport should give us that extra bite and steel in the previously apologetic mIdfield of last few seasons 

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dont know too much about him but he is built like a tank something we have lacked for some time in the middle of the park

We did have "La Roca" :D

Edited by sne

Palace fans dont seem too happy..

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but right now seems an absolutely awful time for us to be letting Jedinak go. #CPFC

What a player Villa are getting off us! Absolute leader of a man and will fire that club back up to where it was. Thanks Jedi! #AVFC #CPFC

•  
  •  

Good Sign

Clicky

• Like 2

Reading a palace forum and they seem genuinely gutted. They are questioning letting him go when they believe they will be in a relegation battle this season and he will be exactly what they need. Just to add to the positive feelings about this signing! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

I hope he shaves his beard off; if only to avoid the inevitable barrage of beard related posts.

If he wants to be a Villa legend the beard stays.

Â