Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's really not though is it. Dealing with immigration isn't as easy as the brexiters would have you believe. The law is very complex and shit takes forever. 

Another possibility is that it's not Jedinak we are signing but another rumoured player with an equally awkward if not more so Visa. 

Either way I agree with you, Visa's are a pain in the ass for anything longer than a working holiday Visa. 

58 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It's really not though is it. Dealing with immigration isn't as easy as the brexiters would have you believe. The law is very complex and shit takes forever. 

I'm well aware of the vagaries of UKBA mate. I'm an aussie living in the UK :) 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

@mwjI believe this is why Jedinak's case took some time to complete. Normally Tier 2 sponsorship/certificate takes 1-2 weeks to complete.

You can pay a higher fee for "expedited processing". I think its something like £1000 for 48 hours and £5000 for them to come to your workplace for same day service

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mwj said:

You can pay a higher fee for "expedited processing". I think its something like £1000 for 48 hours and £5000 for them to come to your workplace for same day service

I am aware of 500-extra-pounds interview service, but it does not guanrentee the visa on that day. Never heard of the £5000 service though.

It makes more sense from club's point of view to get Jedinak a new certificate of sponsorship (which may takes 1 week), than asking him to apply for ILR (which may takes 1-2 weeks after the interview to receive the passport back, or even longer), in order to complete the transfer.

That said, I do prefer the Australian Visa system. At least I don't need to pay for the medicare (NHS) for the permanent residency!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

I am aware of 500-extra-pounds interview service, but it does not guanrentee the visa on that day. Never heard of the £5000 service though.

That's £500 for the service and £4,500 in the interviewers pocket. Then you get the visa on that day guaranteed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

It makes more sense from club's point of view to get Jedinak a new certificate of sponsorship (which may takes 1 week), than asking him to apply for ILR (which may takes 1-2 weeks after the interview to receive the passport back, or even longer), in order to complete the transfer.

That said, I do prefer the Australian Visa system. At least I don't need to pay for the medicare (NHS) for the permanent residency!

Yeh I know, my point was that I was surprised he (or Palace), hadn't applied for ILR already, as it makes all this kind of rubbish irrelevant.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

£4mill for Jedinak tells me we are willing to pay what it takes to get promotion. Good purchase, every other championship club will be getting sick of this. 

I was thinking about this and on paper the only other club that can really compete with us is Newcastle and even then I think we'll have done better business once the summer is over.

Think about it, we've got a CL winning manager, a respected former PL and Championship as his assistant and over the course of this summer we've bought a PL club's captain, are about to add another* and also bought one of the Championship's top scorers over the past few years. To add to all that we've got another player who scored 20 goals last time he was in this league AND a former Barcelona academy player.

We really should be getting promoted with the resources we have.

*Jedinak isn't captain anymore but was until this season.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

£4mill for Jedinak tells me we are willing to pay what it takes to get promotion. Good purchase, every other championship club will be getting sick of this. 

Tough!  We shouldn't be there in the first place!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jareth said:

with the budget we spent, their will be no excuse for not being top 2 by end of season

• Like 1

Â